hw100tk.22

rusty50

Hi placing an order for getting a hw100tk .22 with a nikko stirling laser king scope

This is advice of 2 gun shops and reading info seems a good choice .

please pass on your views,do you think this in the long run will tick the boxes so upgrading etc will not be required so long term keeping air gunning costs down. :hmm:

Edited by rusty50

:good:

They are well made and should last, as above carbine considerations..but if thats what you want then thats what you want.

Engineering wise they are good but heavy, compare with a Falcon Lighthuner, but certainly better engineered!

Put simply, if you like heavy guns, want a carbine and are looking to long term ownership this should do well!

I have the carbine in .177. Fantastic gun. A little quirky in its looks compared with the others and very expensive. No more accurate than my air arms, but gorgeous all the same. I had a look at the sporter, but I did feel that was very heavy to lug around hence getting the carbine. The shot count I don't find a problem as I get 4 mags per fill which is 56 regulated shots. I was discussing with a mate a couple of days ago that it would be a good days hunting to use all those and if you did, it isn't the end of the world to nip back to the car and refill, assuming you have a bottle/pump with you. You could put the 56 rabbits/pigeons in the boot at the same time! :good:

:good: Thanks for your views on this i dont intend to keep changing so looking forward to ownership

Did try out a hw95 and felt that was far too heavy so hw100tk was my next option as it was pointed out about multiple pellet jamming on other models.

:yes::lol: I wouldnt let those sort of suggestions influence you to much, look at the the pros and cons!!! :lol::lol::lol:

its a great rifle, just get one ordered. i have a .22 Tk and its brilliant. shot count is around 80 at full power and everything does at it should.

Hi mine will be collected in 2 weeks cant wait read loads and the .22tk is very light as im used to clay shooting and my old BSA .22 spring gun

As Far as I am aware - no one has upgraded / FAC ed their HW100

Apart from Legal issues - getting it Certificated

I have a BAR Custom with a longer Air Cyclinder in .177

Which makes it a Long Gun - no issue as mostly used off Bench and Bipod

Aware of Several .22 Shooters that use Defiant 14's - 5.52's

Who are getting good longer ranges than with heavyweight Pellets and controling Vermin

BOB/R

I'm an AirArms 3410 man myself, but recently bought the Nikko Sterling Laser King Scope - boy what a regret. Swapped it the next day for a MTC Mamba. In principle the laserking is a great scope, but I found that the size of the laser point at 30 yds was just to vague (about the size of a tennis ball) and un-useable IMHO.

That aside the scope also comes with a remote pressure pad switch, which is great for hunting as you don't want the laser on all the time! The issue with the set up for me was that the switch crown would not screw into the battery compartment recess as designed. Now I thought this was just me so went back to Northallerton Shooting Supplies - (NSS) where I purchased it from. They could not sort it out and we tried two other units from stock with the same problem. Not sure if it's a quality control issue, poor manufacturing/design or what?

NSS were more than happy to take the scope back and refund, but in the end they swapped it out for a more expensive unit (MTC Mamba) at no extra charge - that's what I call service. :)

They also apologised to me and have said that they will be returning there stock of the Laserking and will not stock until they are convinced that the problems we encountered have been rectified by the manufacturer/importers!

Don't know if you have had same issue, but thought I should add my two pennies worth!!!

Best of luck

James

Edited by Phabpixs

Hi guys, i recently got a 2nd hand hw100kt .177 its a great gun,

i normaly use .22 for bunny bashing but thought i would give the new gun a go,

having already zeroed it for 35 yds pellet on pellet using jsb .177,s anyway

got 5x bunnies in 1 hr firthest shot 57 yds all head shot including one through the back of its head

as it sat up on its haunches sniffing the air , wrong direction Bugs because i am behind you on

inpact it did a nice back flip i really like this gun it s going to stay,

atb brian

Hi placing an order for getting a hw100tk .22 with a nikko stirling laser king scope

This is advice of 2 gun shops and reading info seems a good choice .

please pass on your views,do you think this in the long run will tick the boxes so upgrading etc will not be required so long term keeping air gunning costs down. :)

defiantly this is my dream set up :hmm:???

like some others, ive just bought the HW100 tk .177

more than happy.... :):hmm: 56 shots per charge is more than enough for a good days rabbit shoot..if i need more..then just a quick walk back to the van...simple

jasp

Edited by jasper3

i recently bought a used .22 HW100,i am getting good groupage (is that a real word :yes: ) with crosman premier

:good: Shot around 100 pellets very impressed just got to enjoy it now.

My farmer friend had his fist 2shots killing rooks nesting in his chimney pot they just tumbled down the roof

My turn next he says im free to go rabbit shooting when im ready,

making target with a length of carpet gripper nailed to a fence post and push on sliced carrots to sharp gripper nails so when shot nothing to pick up and cheap to boot and just repeat my orange targets may include the odd grape for better visual impact.

Edited by rusty50

i recently bought a used .22 HW100,i am getting good groupage (is that a real word :/ ) with crosman premier

:rolleyes: My friend with shooting rights had my the gun last night to final check out zeroing both with cross hair and laser beam and says at 30 yrds its spot on

using its Nikko stirling -laser king scope attached buy gun shop.

target spot on at this and he shot to woodys at 20yrds distance stright through there crop.

Unable to go shooting as yet due to work

:rolleyes: My friend with shooting rights had my the gun last night to final check out zeroing both with cross hair and laser beam and says at 30 yrds its spot on

using its Nikko stirling -laser king scope attached buy gun shop.

target spot on at this and he shot to woodys at 20yrds distance stright through there crop.

Unable to go shooting as yet due to work

What pellets are you using?

Accupell also have 3 other types yet to try.

My friend found that the laser on shooting at targets under 20 yrds to be the right stuff to make you smile over quick the point and shoot ability that would result in kills.

He shoots deers now but has and does shoot most type of gun and mine was the first hw100kt hes used but wife says NO to his own.