Webley Omega gas ram conversion

Little Devil

I've just bought a gas ram to suit my Webley Omega .22 air rifle as the spring has lost power. Having received the package there is only a gas ram in the box and no washers or seals. Does any know if these are required? I would have thought they were but wanted to check with the more experienced on here. Also within the instructions it states to chop off 2mm of the existing rod within the air rifle which doesn't seem right to me.

TIA

Mate, I've just looked on the web for this gas ram. I assume its the theoben one which replaces the spring? If so there is a customer helpline number to call

From the small amount of detail I can see, I would assume its a case of take out the spring and replace it with the gas ram.

1. Does your piston have a piston rod?

2. Does the ram have a hollow tube all the way through?

Any chance of a photo? :D

Edited by hyflier

• 1 month later...
Mate, I've just looked on the web for this gas ram. I assume its the theoben one which replaces the spring? If so there is a customer helpline number to call

From the small amount of detail I can see, I would assume its a case of take out the spring and replace it with the gas ram.

1. Does your piston have a piston rod?

2. Does the ram have a hollow tube all the way through?

Any chance of a photo? :good:

It is the theoben one, you take out the spring, then remove the metal rod which was acting as a guide for the spring from the trigger section, you then cut back the rod - which was about 5 inches and just leave 2 mm, you then slide the gas ram into the cylinder and refit the trigger section, the end of the gas ram then sits inside the 2mm of rod which is left to secure. The ram rod is a solid rod. The cylinder itself looks the same as a gas ram which lifts the boot open on a car.

It is the theoben one, you take out the spring, then remove the metal rod which was acting as a guide for the spring from the trigger section, you then cut back the rod - which was about 5 inches and just leave 2 mm, you then slide the gas ram into the cylinder and refit the trigger section, the end of the gas ram then sits inside the 2mm of rod which is left to secure. The ram rod is a solid rod. The cylinder itself looks the same as a gas ram which lifts the boot open on a car.

I'm now convinced that I have a piece missing as I have found this on the internet, when I bought it, it came with instructions but the heading was for the Vulcan / stingway / Excel, by Webley and someone had hand written in that it also fits an Omega, I believe that I need the ally block, wish I had a better picture of it!

www.theoben.co.uk/files/awt_omega.pdf