SV10 Prevail

Paulo

Looking for my first clay shooting gun. I'm a relatively new shooter but not a complete beginner. Seriously tempted with a Beretta SV10 Prevail as it's something a bit different from the norm - anyone have an opinion on this? (Silly question, of course you have!!) I've either heard or read that the 682 Gold E and some of the Silver Pigeons are about to be phased out but as the SV10 is a relatively new model, I assume will be around for a while to come.

Thanks!

I shoot with a 682 Gold E but have my eye on an SV10 Prevail :lol:

I went to Doveridge a few weeks back and the bloke in the gunshop let me loose with an SV10. I didn't miss a lot with it, very nice gun to shoot. It's very similar to the 682 Gold E in that it's very slimline. I don't like chunky great clodhopping guns, as I've got quite small hands.

The only trouble is that it's so similar to the 682 that I keep talking myself out of buying one, as there seems little point :P

The only thing I didn't like about the SV10 is the finish. It looked quite cheap. They can't seem to do quality these days, everything looks rushed and tacky, it's the chav mentality I suppose, anything goes. :hmm:

If I pay £2200 and upwards for a gun, I don't want there to be anything cheap about it. The wood looked cheap to me, too gappy where it joined the metalwork and the release lever switch thing rubbed on the wood, scraping it off - how **** is that? ???

I hadn't heard that they were phasing out the 682 Gold E, but it makes sense, as it's so similar to the SV10.

I'll probably never buy one :no: I see that a new 682 Gold E is similar money now, (I didn't pay anything like that for mine) they've gone up a lot, due to currency exchange etc. I think the 682 looks better quality for the money. Even as I type, I'm talking myself out of an SV10 :lol:

Edited by Chard

I have it from the inside that the SV10 is having ejector problems at the moment but its easy for GMK to put right if you get it. :lol:

I too think that it looks very cheap and is no way worth the money but it does shoot nice.

Frankly, give me a nice 686 sporter or 682 Gold E sporter any day. :devil:

I have it from the inside that the SV10 is having ejector problems at the moment but its easy for GMK to put right if you get it. :hmm:

I too think that it looks very cheap and is no way worth the money but it does shoot nice.

Frankly, give me a nice 686 sporter or 682 Gold E sporter any day. :lol:

My SV10 ejects beautifully thank you very much!!! :blink:

Edited by Vipa

• 1 month later...

The ejectors on my new Perennia SV10 stopped ejecting after one round of sporting clays. They stick and need a tap to make em chuck out the spent cartridge cases. Very annoying. GMK acknowledge that Beretta have a manufacturing problem and say they will fix the gun. My mate who had the same problem says his gun is now going to have to go back again because the first fix did not work. Berettas are usually very reliable but the SV10 line seems to be spoiling the company reputation for reliability. Come on Beretta, get this sorted. It is a pity, because like other people I have found that the Perennia shoots beautifully. :good:

The ejectors on my new Perennia SV10 stopped ejecting after one round of sporting clays. They stick and need a tap to make em chuck out the spent cartridge cases. Very annoying. GMK acknowledge that Beretta have a manufacturing problem and say they will fix the gun. My mate who had the same problem says his gun is now going to have to go back again because the first fix did not work. Berettas are usually very reliable but the SV10 line seems to be spoiling the company reputation for reliability. Come on Beretta, get this sorted. It is a pity, because like other people I have found that the Perennia shoots beautifully. :good:

Still don't have any problem with my ejectors. Have you checked to make sure that the control screws are turned all the way way to the eject on position and havent been left floating half way between on & off :good:

Of course.

As I said, GMK have acknowledged that they have a problem with the ejectors on this marque. You can see examples of other shooters with the same problem on other sites, for example:

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/guns/281356/Be...gun_review.html

You are fortunate that this has not yet manifested on your gun. If it does, let's hope it happens within the warranty period. If it happens after that, at least you will have these posts as evidence of a systemic problem with the marque. Cheers.

Well I have a 30 inch Perennia with the Kick Off system and have had it for a season and a half. Nicest gun I have had and I have had a number of Winchesters, Berettas and Mirokus in the past. It handles like a dream and it beautifully finished, and it ejects!!

I've decided to stick with the 682 Gold E.

I still think the SV10 is cheaply finished and I can't be doing with any possiblity of ejector problems. (Cue all the SV10 owners saying they don't have a problem with theirs :good: I don't care, there are enough out there that are having problems) :good:

I don't have the patience to deal with shoddy nonsense, I'd just want a full refund :good:

I've decided to stick with the 682 Gold E.

I still think the SV10 is cheaply finished and I can't be doing with any possiblity of ejector problems. (Cue all the SV10 owners saying they don't have a problem with theirs :look: I don't care, there are enough out there that are having problems) :lol:

I don't have the patience to deal with shoddy nonsense, I'd just want a full refund :P

i was told to steer clear by my local beretta dealer. depending on what your looking for in a gun then there are a few that id recomend. I have just picked up an ex demo miroku mk70 and despite it been a faily low spec gun it has improved my shooting by about 30% over my beretta

My prevail stopped ejecting correctly from the bottom barrel after a few hundred cartridges.

My dealer was great, knew there had been a problem with the earlier prevails and sent it back to GMK the same day.

It was back the following week and had the ejection system replaced with the new upgraded parts.

I was told that the later models had the upgraded parts as standard and there had been no further issues.

I think my prevail is a lovely well made piece of engineering and craft work, it's just me letting the team down, need to improve my scores.

Nick.

Theres a lot of inverted snobery going on here about buying expensive guns as starters and i dont honestly think that is the way to go,find a gun that fits first this has to be the most important precedent it dont matter if its a beretta or a lanber if it doesnt fit itll be worse than useless to you and thats a shure fire way to go off the sport,nothing more demoralising than not being able to hit a target especially after parting with what can amount to thousands of hard earned pounds,please for your sake find a fitting gun then buy as cheap as you can find that model ;)