Driven Days

Hubertus

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was on the 14th of December.

Just in normal wood (no military area) :(

It was a nice day but with horrible weather. Raining and fog all the time. Really difficult circumstances.

The leader of the shoot expected much more red deer in the bag.

It was the last hunt before christmas.

The dogs needed a rest. They have been really small because of the much hunting. But they were on the peak of physical fitness.

Nearly end of season.

Hubertus

post-11-1138468697.jpg

Waidmannsheil Hubertus.

Seems you had a great season, hopefully I'm gone get a taste of it next year as I'm applying for a German Jagdschein. Gone try some woods of the state, just over the Belgium border, no driven hunts, but stalking for roe & wild boar. I have all the needed information and documents & search more contacts next week on the Hunting fair in Dortmund. It seems to be one of the biggest in the world. Booked a week boar hunting in Hungary for the first week of march, but I am always looking for other occasions. :(

@red deer:

that sounds good. My girl friend is at the moment on the way to the cash automat to get some money that we will spend tomorrow.

@stuartp:

i have a 1,2-5x32 scope for the driven days. It doesnt have an illuminated recticle. They are fine but you dont really need it.

My girl friend use a Zeiss Varipoint 1,5-6x42 with a red dot for the driven days. That is really nice.

Hubertus

Ok now i come to the last 4 driven days of the season.

We had a longer pause since christmas up to the 9th of january.

It was a really nice day of shooting. We had -11 C, snow and sun. The perfect weather for a driven day on deer and boar.

Our younger dog did some good work on a wounded boar. The older dog came back after 3 and a half hour of hunting. I didnt saw her for these 3 hours but heard from a gun that he worked good on red deer. After she was totaly tired and exhausted and has wounded her legs because of the snow crust.

We had a total bag of 8 red deer, 8 boar, 14 roe, 2 foxes and one racoon dog.

Thats a lovely mixed bag.

Hubertus

post-11-1139057795.jpg

Edited by Hubertus

that is our elder dog after the hunt.

Total tired.

We had -11 C so i put him after the hunt into a blanket while I was waiting for my driver (no joke: a general of the german army. leader of a tank brigade). When i was in the army i was only lance corporal so i said to him its the highest driver i ever had. He was laughing. :rolleyes:

post-11-1139059471.jpg

Hi Engineer,

nice to read from you :rolleyes:

You are right the collar is for safety reasons of the dog. To prevent that he will be shot from a gun. While the hunts our dogs wear since this season also a vest. They are brilliant. You can see a pic of a dog with vest on page 7 of that thread. They are much more visible compared to the collar because they are bigger. On the collar is also written telephone number of us and address in case if they dont came back after the hunt (happens sometimes).

And our dogs have also a telemetry sender to get them back after the hunt if they havent return. That is really very good. Nearly all dogmen in our group have them now. They are expensive but really good. They come from sweden. You can see them here on that pic. Its the little grey box with the antenna.

Best wishes, Hubertus

post-11-1139085103.jpg

Edited by Hubertus

Hi Hubertus,

I visited the fair in Dortmund yesterday and it was impressive, a lot bigger than the one we have in Belgium. It took us more than six hours to get there, so we had to see it all very quickly, next year we are going earlier. Saw some good stuf, and I'm looking forward for the roebuck season. Planning to leave tonight to the Ardennes for some fox stalking, must be the right time now.