rifle

Dave-G

:lol: quick question for someone :lol: ;

if I get a scope with side parrallax adjustment that has numbered distance markings viewable from the rear of the scope whilst in the aim position:

Am i being too naive thinking it could be as simple as "if the quarry is in focus" at the relative marked distance - then thats roughly how far it ACTUALLY is?

EDIT:and adjust my hold over/under accordingly?

Edited by Dave-G

i dont understand what you question is Dave-G,

Side wheel parrallax works the same way as if it was on the front of the scope,

Its much better on the side, as it doesn't change your zero (like on cheap front AO scopes)

Its much easier to adjust, and can be alot more accurate at range reading if you add a large sidewheel on top, they usually cost about £20-£25

Hope this has answered your question

:lol: ok :lol:

looking at this:

http://www.falconoptics.com/

If you view the quarry at the sharpest "focus" - then check the distace graduations of the adjustment wheel, could that be a ROUGH guide of its distance from you?

EDIT:

I'm considering it for a rimmy - so only really interested in the "focus" settings below 100 yds - which is where the greatest amount of adjustment is

Edited by Dave-G

Yes i understand you now, sorry

When your target is in the shapest focus on the highest zoom, you look at the side wheel and read the distance, that is how far away the target is.

On most cheap (£100-£200) scopes that have side wheels the distance markers arnt very accuratly printed on past 50yards

With that scope being 4-14 you will have trouble telling 60yards from 100 using the side wheel, even on the highest mag.