Freelander Clutch.

100milesaway

Help please. My Freelander clutch is getting more difficult by the day. I'm struggling to select gears on occasions. I don't think it's the plates,more the spring thing. Is there any way to adjust it like we used todo on cars or will it be a new clutch. What sort of cost should i be getting ready for as i don't want to do nothing and wait for it to let me down. Thanks in anticipation from Auntie. :D:blush::D :look: B)

Clutch master cylinder can be a problem on Freelanders,symptom starts by having to push pedal further & further to floor to disengage.Sometimes bleeding helps for a short time.Last one I bought was @£115 off fleabay.Depending on feel of pedal could be cylinder or pressure plate but I can't help on clutch replacement prices.

Thanks for the replys so far,but i don't think it's that kind of a problem. Pumping the pedal doesn't help at all, iv'e been told locally that it could well be the pressure plate. Does that sound logic . The freelander is 4 years old and has done 73000 miles. I'm just wondering if it's possible to adjust the clutch or if it will be a new one, and a rough idea of price. Thanks once again from Auntie. :lol:

Had a "53" plate Freelander from new, went through 3 clutches in under 10,000 miles! Part exchanged the day it went out of warranty.

:yes:

Pity, apart from that it was a good car which I would have hung on to, just never trusted it not to happen again at my expense and have to have reliable car for work.