I've only gone and done it!

SSS

I always said, I would never have a secondhand 4x4, and I would never have a petrol, but today I went to look at cars to replace my poorly peugeot.

We went to leavsleys and found an immaculate daihatsu sportrak, 1.6 litre petrol.

It was up for £950 but I got it for a better price.

So tomorrow is MOT day and we will see what it needs, if anything.

Is there any known faults with these motors that I should know about?

All the best,

SSS :good:

Cheers for that, there is no signs of head gasket problems on it as yet, oil is nice and black and it sounds as sweet as a nut.

I will give it a full service and cam belt soon anyway.

Here is a little picture

post-17767-1270743469.jpg

do a water service new thermostat and a new rad cap check the water pump and the viscous fan use good anti freeze / summer coolant . the head fails when these little 4x4's boil up....the viscous fan unit is rebuild able

get onto this forum

http://www.daihatsu-drivers.co.uk/

and you will find so much info about every thing sportrak i have had mine 4 years + and there a very underestimated truck

Huge warning if you're gonna work on the engine-the cam cover is made of monkey **** and will snap off its own lugs if you even sneeze on them-if you bust them you will be very lucky to get another one cos not even daihatsu have any-sounds daft but when mine broke a new engine was suggested-BE CAREFULL. :good:

The garage have completely let me down, they said they would have a look this afternoon, I phoned tham at 5.50pm to see how it had gone and they said, we wont be able to do it until monday. So I have booked it in somewhere else for 11.30 tomorrow. Fingers crossed :oops: