Norica 3 shot bolt action .410

Daveo26

Iv been looking at on of the above in my local gun shop, it had a tag on it saying FAC

I asked the owner and he said it has a detachable mag....

I said how do you detach it?,

he said stock off and remove some set screws!!!

I was not convinced that equated to a detachable mag so i spoke to my local FLO who comfirms it is section 1 unless the mag is welded in place and sent to the proof house.

Just a word of warning to the lads that own one, i doubt wether an average bobby would spot it but technically some may be held on an SGC and be Sect 1.

Be aware.

Hi I have one of these Noricas and the screws holding the mag are welded, but apon saying that it would not take much effort to file/grind the weld off and remove the mag,can,t see the point in doing this as a bigger mag would be needed and as far as i know not availible, the stock would have to be modified as well,

So presumably this is why they are SGC and not FAC.

Vulture

You cannot change a shotgun from sect. 1 to sect. 2 or vice versa by yourself, even if you have it on your FAC. It must be done by a RFD and that's the law.

I think you may have missed the point, im not talking about doing any work your self i am simply informing members of pigeon watch who own or are thinking of buying a norica 3 shot bolt action to make sure its not a section 1 firearm

Because the one i looked at had been on someones SGC from new, and if this one slipped the net others may have!!!

Perhaps you should re-read the original post :no:

Hi I have one of these Noricas and the screws holding the mag are welded, but apon saying that it would not take much effort to file/grind the weld off and remove the mag,can,t see the point in doing this as a bigger mag would be needed and as far as i know not availible, the stock would have to be modified as well,

So presumably this is why they are SGC and not FAC.

Vulture

Your right its a waste of time trying to any more shots out of them, but technically they are section 1 unless those screws are welded in.

As mention above for some reason the gun i looked at had not been done so its a 3 shot FAC shotgun :no::hmm: thats useful.........

I think you may have missed the point, im not talking about doing any work your self i am simply informing members of pigeon watch who own or are thinking of buying a norica 3 shot bolt action to make sure its not a section 1 firearm

Because the one i looked at had been on someones SGC from new, and if this one slipped the net others may have!!!

Perhaps you should re-read the original post :no:

No, I did read the original post and I was adding to it, to say that it cannot be altered by anyone.

My statement was to warn those who may discover that their shotgun can be altered, but already have a FAC.

No, I did read the original post and I was adding to it, to say that it cannot be altered by anyone.

My statement was to warn those who may discover that their shotgun can be altered, but already have a FAC.

my apologies Mr Harfordwmj, i misunderstood your post.

I have had a Norica .410 for 17 years and I can honestly tell you that the mag is within the confines of the stock,so without actually cutting away the stock in order to replace it with a larger capacity mag it would be very noticable .

Sounds to me like the gunshop owner is a bit of a **** :no:

Iv been looking at on of the above in my local gun shop, it had a tag on it saying FAC

I was not convinced that equated to a detachable mag so i spoke to my local FLO who comfirms it is section 1 unless the mag is welded in place and sent to the proof house.

Just a word of warning to the lads that own one, i doubt wether an average bobby would spot it but technically some may be held on an SGC and be Sect 1.

Be aware.

I have had a Norica .410 for 17 years and I can honestly tell you that the mag is within the confines of the stock,so without actually cutting away the stock in order to replace it with a larger capacity mag it would be very noticable .

Sounds to me like the gunshop owner is a bit of a **** :no:

Be aware.

I disagree, he is just making sure he stays within the law.

Another type of gun that is considered a ‘Section 1’ firearm is any shotgun with a barrel shorter than 24” or a semi-auto or pump-action gun with the capacity to hold more than two shells in the magazine, or any shotgun with a detachable magazine. Air rifles which exceed the 12ft/lb power output limit are considered ‘Section 1’ firearms

Edited by Daveo26

• 8 years later...

I know this is a fairly old post but i just sumbled accross it while trying to find out how old my norica 3 shot bolty actualy is.anyway we had one of theas when i was a lad and for pure nostagia resens found my self buying one last week and thought i mention just how supprised i am with it the pattern is quite tight so i took it out on the clays lots of fun and to be honest think this little norica wont just be the paddoc ratter after all. Does anyone have a way of dating this old gun theres loads on the google that helped me date some other spanish guns but cant find anything on the norica .cherss oz

• 6 months later...

I bought one of these at an auction this past Saturday that is missing the entire bolt. If anybody knows where I can find one for a reasonable price please let me know. My cell number is 870-615-0139 and my email is afletcher_pi@yahoo.com. Thanks!