LPG

Bingo

A friend is thinking of getting a fairly decent LR Defender and then converting it to LPG, I thought I would put a post on here as some of you probably have experience of this. So here it goes:

1. Does it help reduce the running costs?
  2. Does it affect performance?
  3. Is there anything else that you need to consider?

Thanks and hope your all enjoying the lovely weather :no:

running costs are similar to the diesel equivalent. Performance will be less than on petrol but better than on diesel, causes engine problems in my experience and though you can fit a kit to help this you do tend to suffer from a lack oflubrication in the fuel. We run a few LPG vehicles and ok we do a fair mileage in them but if the vehicles weren't going into London every day we wouldn't have them. By the time you've spent £1500 converting it thats a fair amount to recoup before you start saving money. Personally I think there is a very good reason no cars are produced these days from the factory to run on LPG

I've been involved with converting vehicles to LPG since I was 18 years old.

Have a quality kit fitted by a quality converter and you will save broosters, especially with a Disco - Range Rover type vehicle.

If you need any specific information PM me.

webber

A friend is thinking of getting a fairly decent LR Defender and then converting it to LPG,

Hmm not many petrol defenders about except special editions with the V8 or older 2.5 petrols is he doing it to save money (the LPG conversion?)