Advice on best truck

djrwood

Im currently looking to buy a new motor and fancy a 4 x 4. I used to drive a landy 90 for work and although i loved the fact i could get anywhere in it, i hated taking it on long journeys. And as i need to travel for work ive ruled the landy out. I quite fancy something like a nissan navara or mitsi animal truck but cannot decide. Has anyone previously owned one and got any advice??

Thanks

Dan

Im currently looking to buy a new motor and fancy a 4 x 4. I used to drive a landy 90 for work and although i loved the fact i could get anywhere in it, i hated taking it on long journeys. And as i need to travel for work ive ruled the landy out. I quite fancy something like a nissan navara or mitsi animal truck but cannot decide. Has anyone previously owned one and got any advice??

Thanks

Dan

I ran a L200 double cab as everyday vehicle for 9 years and would still be running it it hadn't been stolen. They are great to drive, loads of space to carry stuff. Space in the back of cab OK, with the big leaf springs on the back they are a bit bouncy when empty.

As far a reliability couldn't fault it. I ran it for 178,000 kms only major problem was the alternator did pack in, however fair enough, when it came off it was full of sand, mud and grass from a bit serious playing at an off road site !!!!

If you need to take them into town parking is not great, especially multi-storey car parks due to lenth. If you have a cab fitted much better in most ways but you doe loes some visibility.

Hope that helps.

I just got an L200 warrior from charles allen cars (check their website, they only sell 4x4s and pickups etc.)

I like it BUT 17 inch wheels are a right ****** to get nobbly tyres for, found some but had to go to 70 profile from 65.

I steered clear of the animal as they appear to have a few issues with heads going.

The space inside for rear seat passengers is very good.

The traction control can make you think it has a dirty great flat spot when test driving, I took it back and told them it was boogered, felt a bit silly later when I realised what it was.

I test drove the new Navara and Isuzu Rodeo, I felt the mitsubishi had the edge in comfortable ride and didn't feel like driving a lorry. I will say though my missus gets a tad carsick in it due to it being a softer ride.

They will ALL get stuck if left with the road tyres on, mine did the first time in the field, and so did my mates Navara, twenty yards behind me.

A friend put his Ranger on it's roof with MY sheep trailer behind it, badly loaded, all weight on the front of the trailer none on the back.

ATB

Badshot

I have the frontera LWB 2.2TD its underrated by far .full leather heated seats full electric toys motorway driving is a breeze non off that wallow like some of the tall 4x4s have.i also have motox bikes one on a trailer and one on a Dave Cooper bike rack on the tow bar it pulls them no problem :good:

I wouldnt buy another L200!!

Last year it cost me an alternator

Then a fuel injector pump !! (£1100second hand !!)

Two new springs

This year already,

Another new spring

Two hardy spicers

And yesterday the turbo broke big time !!!

It might be a good vehicle ,BUT, mine is a bit of a Dot Cotton .Every ailment going mine gets !!

Thanks

Dan

Sorry Dan to be quite honest i dont think theres much between most of the trucks nowadays each one has there faults.I drive a BT50 had it just over 2years,barr its services not had a spanner on it,just lacks a bit power.You wont go wrong with the navara or the animal its a personnel choice,or budget.

Good luck fella.

I have the frontera LWB 2.2TD its underrated by far .full leather heated seats full electric toys motorway driving is a breeze non off that wallow like some of the tall 4x4s have.i also have motox bikes one on a trailer and one on a Dave Cooper bike rack on the tow bar it pulls them no problem :ernyha:

Are they a much better ride in the rear seats than the SWB my pal runs one and

herself says it is the most uncomfortable P O S that she has ever ridden in

when we have been out shooting or fishing with him?

Are they a much better ride in the rear seats than the SWB my pal runs one and

herself says it is the most uncomfortable P O S that she has ever ridden in

when we have been out shooting or fishing with him?

yeah i have had no complaints :good: