ear protection

zipdog

i after going pigeon shooting on thursday and my ear is still ringing to day i have decided to invests in some electronic ear defenders. which one do you guys think are the best, i have also looked at the napier pro 9 range if anyone has any experience of using these thanks.

p.s. this ringing is driving me mad i am 17 and its usually gone by the next morning, how long do you guys think it will take to go.

Edited by zipdog

i after going pigeon shooting on thursday and my ear is still ringing to day i have decided to invests in some electronic ear defenders. which one do you guys think are the best, i have also looked at the napier pro 9 range if anyone has any experience of using these thanks.

p.s. this ringing is driving me mad i am 17 and its usually gone by the next morning, how long do you guys think it will take to go.

What do you currently use?

Ringing should go in a year or so if you're lucky.

Try some Howard Leight Impact Sport Electronic Ear Defenders, only cost around £50. Got mine off eBay and christened them today, they are great and as an added bonus I haven't got any ringing in my ears either :lol:

at the moment i just have a normal pair of ear muffs, but i only wear them for claying as i cant hear if there someone walking or my friend talking when were decoying.

Hi Mate,

I use Peltor Sportacs and can't fault them. I use them for clay shooting, rifle shooting and in the field. They are comfortable and you can hear people talking no problem.

If you have a look on the bay you can pick them up for around £100 from an official Peltor dealer.

I shoot around a 1000 cartridges a month on clays alone and have never had any ringing issues.

Jon.

That rining in your ears is the start of permanent damage to your ears,it doesnt matter what type you use as long as they are on/over/in your ears before you pull the trigger,even if its the throw away foam jobs,dont take your hearing for granted the ringing may never go away,take precautions NOW :lol:

by the way i use Napier pro 9 and in the hide rubber plugs

Edited by berettaman

at the moment i just have a normal pair of ear muffs, but i only wear them for claying as i cant hear if there someone walking or my friend talking when were decoying.

doesn't matter what you use but use something! if you want electric there loads of choice but please don't pull the trigger again with no protection and get some medical advice as once its gone its never coming back and at your age theres lots left to hear!

Hi Zipdog, take my advice, I have tinitus ( ringing in both ears) now for over 15 years from my work exposure to noise on the coalface.

at onetime it used to go away like yours now its there for good and it aint no joke.

buy the best you can afford and never shoot without protection or u will end up like me and thousands of others,

i use peltor sport tac but if you have ringing now do some research and get the best or you will be sorry, also have a look at case loads of tinitus sufferers and it may just change your thinking.

good luck

If you can splash to them some MSA Sordins are top stuff my dad has a pair i just use York guns own brand slim ones like the deben slim ones were £65 i think good for the money but not as comfy as the MSAs.

George

I couldn't agree more. I have a pair of MSA Sordin Pro X's which I use for clays, game and pigeons. The sound quality is superb. They are very light on batteries , have a waterproof battery compartment and I have had used them in all weathers for 3 years now without a fault. After sales service in the UK is via GMK and a friend of mine got a brand new pair after 18 months, when his developed a slight fault.

Hi Zipdog, take my advice, I have tinitus ( ringing in both ears) now for over 15 years from my work exposure to noise on the coalface.

at onetime it used to go away like yours now its there for good and it aint no joke.

buy the best you can afford and never shoot without protection or u will end up like me and thousands of others,

i use peltor sport tac but if you have ringing now do some research and get the best or you will be sorry, also have a look at case loads of tinitus sufferers and it may just change your thinking.

good luck

I will echo that, I have tinnitus 24/7, if you can imagine someone blowing a whistle two inches away from your ear, then imagine it ALL day long EVERY day, as well as going slowly deaf, don't shoot without some ear protection.

Ringing should go in a year or so if you're lucky.

Try some Howard Leight Impact Sport Electronic Ear Defenders, only cost around £50. Got mine off eBay and christened them today, they are great and as an added bonus I haven't got any ringing in my ears either :good:

I have been using these and have no complaints

doc :yes:

Foam plugs can normally be obtained free from work or a colleaguewho works in a noisy workplace. They are the best ear protection that money can't buy.

I wear foam plugs and ear muffs and my earing is very good. I intend to keep it that way.

I understand that the Napier Pro 9 & 10 may be better and cheaper than electronics? I personally don't like the look of them as they remind me of the teletubbies :good::yes::)

Foam plugs can normally be obtained free from work or a colleaguewho works in a noisy workplace. They are the best ear protection that money can't buy.

I wear foam plugs and ear muffs and my earing is very good. I intend to keep it that way.

I understand that the Napier Pro 9 & 10 may be better and cheaper than electronics? I personally don't like the look of them as they remind me of the teletubbies :good::lol::lol:

And still, id rather look like a teletubbie than be deaf,lookafter natures gifts they are a great miss when gone :yes: