Pigeon controll

Dont know if i am posting in right spot but! I have a static caravan in North Yorkshire, It is located in a lightly planted connifer wood, I have previously had problems with pigeons crapping everywhere, And having to keep cleaning up, Three years ago took to shooting them and got rid of one or two hundred, Last year not as many at all shot twenty thirty and didnt have much trouble, This year so far seen a few but not many, Now my question is can i buy anything === decoy bird?? electronic box, Or any suggestions at all to keep them away within reason, (Neighbors not keen on shooting so have to keep low profile) Any thought men, Would it be considerd fowl play to pop out of caravan window and pop them out of tree with 22 HW45. But would prefer detterent.

Edited by fishman307

Dont know if i am posting in right spot but! I have a static caravan in North Yorkshire, It is located in a lightly planted connifer wood, I have previously had problems with pigeons crapping everywhere, And having to keep cleaning up, Three years ago took to shooting them and got rid of one or two hundred, Last year not as many at all shot twenty thirty and didnt have much trouble, This year so far seen a few but not many, Now my question is can i buy anything === decoy bird?? electronic box, Or any suggestions at all to keep them away within reason, (Neighbors not keen on shooting so have to keep low profile) Any thought men, Would it be considerd fowl play to pop out of caravan window and pop them out of tree with 22 HW45. But would prefer detterent.

Thanks for replies, Its a caravan site so complaints to owner dont go down well, I do use a HW90K and a HW35, But have to pick my times so nobody see"s hence my HW45 thinking ?? Bit more subttle ! However as said i wondered about things like plastic Owls/ hawks Etc or anything in that line,

• 2 weeks later...
Not really probably 40 to 50at least all 60 70 Ft, Basicly just wondered if there was something they were scared off, Hawk ?? Whatever.

I've got a plastic eagle owl which I loaned out to someone who had pigeon problems in his garden. He kept moving it around occasionally and said it worked fairly well. Might be worth a try. Peregrines should be effective as they are a major predator of pigeon and they will have seen one chances are. Whereas you don't get many eagle owls these days.

GH