Essex & Herts Sporting Championships????

Evil Elvis

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in, if it's not registered.

If it is, I can shoot it under Cat's or PDLM's number :blink:

Incidentally Cat you got those FITASC scores handy yet?

The guy I spoke to on the phone ten minutes ago said ANYONE can turn up and shoot it, CPSA member or not.

There is no mention of the shoot being registered, it says Essex and Herts County Championships and Essex Team selection shoot.

It is not registered as I have just spoken to the main man, it is going to be about £24 - 25 and is not squadded, saturday is telephone entries only and sunday you can just turn up and shoot.

That's bloody reasonable!

DocBrown.JPG

Brilliant. :blink: I hope he's there again quoting random rules for no fathomable reason. Someone remember to bring the chalk!

There is no mention of the shoot being registered, it says Essex and Herts County Championships and Essex Team selection shoot.

It is not registered as I have just spoken to the main man, it is going to be about £24 - 25 and is not squadded, saturday is telephone entries only and sunday you can just turn up and shoot.

Well, as Paulos says, it should be Registered if it is classed as the County Champs for both Essex and Herts, I have shot this event at Hepworth Hall in the past and it's always been a CPSA Registered event. Non members can enter by paying a "Day Pass" levy.

I think the batteries in MC's hearing aid might also need changing if he belives he heard that the entry fee is £24 or £25, add a tenner to those figures and you'd be about right for competition entries. :good:

I will certainly be shooting it, so count me in. :blink:

Cat.

Well, as Paulos says, it should be Registered if it is classed as the County Champs for both Essex and Herts, I have shot this event at Hepworth Hall in the past and it's always been a CPSA Registered event. Non members can enter by paying a "Day Pass" levy.

I think the batteries in MC's hearing aid might also need changing if he belives he heard that the entry fee is £24 or £25, add a tenner to those figures and you'd be about right for competition entries. :good:

I will certainly be shooting it, so count me in. :blink:

Cat.

Yep thats right,

I am deaf and so is Baz, after all why should I know what I am talking about? I only spoke to the guy organising it, silly me. I should have sent Cat a PM instead. He seems to think he is the authority on clay shooting, and noone else knows what they are talking about.

JD's actual words to me were "I haven't decided on a cost yet but it will be around £24 - £25" Unless you heard differently. He also said "Anyone can turn up and shoot it"

i must admit reading the above posts that i am baffled.

most grounds charge about £20/£25 for practice so cant see how he can run the shoot as a comp for the same price :blink:

if its the herts etc county championships surely it has to be registered and as others have said, cpsa members only. thats why grounds have been kicked out of cpsa before now for allowing non members to shoot.

ill await the final outcome for this as i was thinking of doing it. :good::good:

Edited by beretta

Yep thats right,

I am deaf and so is Baz, after all why should I know what I am talking about? I only spoke to the guy organising it, silly me. I should have sent Cat a PM instead. He seems to think he is the authority on clay shooting, and noone else knows what they are talking about.

JD's actual words to me were "I haven't decided on a cost yet but it will be around £24 - £25" Unless you heard differently. He also said "Anyone can turn up and shoot it"

Well, I don't wish to say it again, but when you've learned a bit more about this game, you'll understand why John has acquired his nickname, it starts with "F" and ryhmes with "Tiddler", so be warned when you turn up and try and get an entry for £24, you'll only have Rose, his wife to deal with..!!

Cat.

i must admit reading the above posts that i am baffled.

most grounds charge about £20/£25 for practice so cant see how he can run the shoot as a comp for the same price :blink:

if its the herts etc county championships surely it has to be registered and as others have said, cpsa members only. thats why grounds have been kicked out of cpsa before now for allowing non members to shoot.

ill await the final outcome for this as i was thinking of doing it. :good::good:

Well, I don't wish to say it again, but when you've learned a bit more about this game, you'll understand why John has acquired his nickname, it starts with "F" and ryhmes with "Tiddler", so be warned when you turn up and try and get an entry for £24, you'll only have Rose, his wife to deal with..!!

Cat.

Heres an idea,

Will the people that want to shoot this and doubt me for relaying what the guy on the end of the phone told me send me a cheque for £50 as you would seem to be happy paying that. I will then pay you entry fee for you and I will keep whatever is left.

Cat,

I do not give a flying **** "About this game" and is gay petty politics that go along with it. So the entry fee may not be what he said on the phone. One thing is garanteed is we have the option to vote with our feet and walk away if we are not happy. Unlike the brainwashed unable to think for themselves sheep that just keep driving round the country in the hope that one day they will pick up a second place and win £30. The fact that it has cost them 10 grand to win that £30 is irrelevant to them.