English Open Sporting.....7th - 9th May

Catamong

I've entered for this one on a squad at 9.00am on Sunday 9th May, it will be a cracking shoot, some seriously good birds, and a great "Warm Up" event for the South beats North event on 29th. :cry1:

How many other PW members have booked on..??

I've got to say I'm a little bit concerned to see that there are still entries available for the final day, (Sunday), that can only mean that entries are slow in coming in for this event, which I find very puzzling, as it could well be the best "Sporting Major" of 2010, and one that's a must to shoot for everybody that wants great targets in a natural setting.

I moaned at the CPSA last year about:

a) - The ever increasing cost, (£53 entry fee was deterring a lot of shooters)

:lol: - The use of poor quality Sporting grounds, (Lakenheath and Southern Counties)

c) - The "Southern bias" on grounds that would deter the Northern shooters, (Southern Counties & Southdown),

So, what do they do..................:lol:?:lol:

Well, believe it or not they listened :good:

a) - They cut the entry fee to £48

:o - They give the shoot to probably the best Sporting ground in England

c) - They pick a ground in the North Midlands, easy access for those "Oop North"

And still, it would appear that they aren't getting a big entry..?? :lol:

I hope I'm wrong, and it turns into a sell out, it would be a pity if grounds like Hodnet opted out of hosting major Sporting shoots because they weren't guaranteed the entries, then we'd only be left with JJ's type grounds, I'd probably sell off my guns and do an "MC", plinking Coke cans in my back garden with my .177. :good:

Cat.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to shoot it this year, with it being at Hodnet, but I have an exam first thing on the Monday morning so will be spending the weekend sulking in the library instead :cry1::good:

Typical E f fing Students, more likely recovering from an OD of the Waccy Baccy.. :good:

Cat

I'm in it, innit.

I'm shooting it on Saturday 8th at 9am, with NickyT and Anni :good:

I can't remember if there are others from PW, I seem to think there are. I've been booked on it since much earlier in the year and I've forgotten who was going :cry1:

Looking forward to it :good:

Bigweed, PDLM and Beretta were supposed to be going as well, on various days.

Can't make it - falls on the same days as local village shoots (yes worse than haybale). Missed it last month and feel duty bound to support it - they got me into this lark in the first place.

I'm on, afternoon of the Saturday (perhaps I'm a ********* student because I couldn't face two early starts in the month :yes::good::lol::lol: )

Mr Potter

Hi Mr P I am shooting on sat afternoon also squad 115. Good luck & try not to beat to many of them suverners cus they will find excuses to cry off :no::no::no: for the big one.

Regards Keith

Hi Mr P I am shooting on sat afternoon also squad 115. Good luck & try not to beat to many of them suverners cus they will find excuses to cry off :yes::good::lol: for the big one.

Regards Keith

Cheers Keith, I'm on Squad 108 but we can meet up for a brew when we've finished and congratulate or commiserate as appropriate.

Think your right about the shandy swillers though they are in a doosy of a pickle, the only way they can avoid the whooping of a lifetime is to not turn up but to not turn up would be humiliating. It wouldn't surprise me if one or two of them took the honorable way out :lol::no::no:

Mr P