English Open Sporting.....7th - 9th May

Catamong

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'me off to shoot the English Open Sporting this morning, and look at the time, I have been awake since

2.50 AM and gonna be cream crackered by the time I get there, cant see me being able to shoot any

good, Aah, SLEEP. SLEEP, Where is thy sting? :lol: Appologies to Shakespear!! Its all right for him, he aint

going. :good::lol:

Looks like you won't be top gun in your squad Chard :lol::good:

EO ESP 2010 - Saturday 8th May - Day 2 - 0900 hrs

SQUAD No: 61

1 TRUTER N 117672

2 WOULD R 121162

3 BETHELL C 121252

4 LEE JJ 95608

5 DIGWEED MBE G 12652

6 KEEN S 114944

Yars. Mr Digweed and Mr Lee, they're the two lads I've been coaching :lol:

Looks like you won't be top gun in your squad Chard :lol::good:

EO ESP 2010 - Saturday 8th May - Day 2 - 0900 hrs

SQUAD No: 61

1 TRUTER N 117672

2 WOULD R 121162

3 BETHELL C 121252

4 LEE JJ 95608

5 DIGWEED MBE G 12652

6 KEEN S 114944

Now this is what makes shooting good. Northern lads enjoy the moment. from Auntie :lol:

Hahahahaha! So now George Digweed has to shoot with the two Manchester Jinx's?? Watch him put in a 72 now! :yes:

Yes, he will probably be intimidated at the prospect of having to shoot alongside the likes of us. :good:

I'm sure he'll try his best ???

It is a great course, Better than me alas, a lowly 74, after knocking off my bitch muther never miss foresight :yes:

Phew, many many A class scores down in the mid 60's allthough a good 80 in B class when I left! :good:???

The first day shooters have had a pretty good day weather wise - this morning was a bit cloudy but this afternoons been warm and sunny even if there has been a slight wind - be interesting to see today's scores

Dave

It is a great course, Better than me alas, a lowly 74, after knocking off my bitch muther never miss foresight :yes:

Phew, many many A class scores down in the mid 60's allthough a good 80 in B class when I left! :good:???

Any long range stuff, Jim? :/

82 from me today. :yes:

8 stands done and 4 down :good: then we hit the harder ones. :yes::/:hmm:

twice i came off a stand with a 2 out of 6 :hmm::hmm:???

overall a great shoot with more than one stand on the more than hard side. 60+ yard midis and standard crossers left me a bit bewilderded as its a long time since i have shot anything like these.

a few simo pairs too today with a cracker of a stand throwing a simo pair of loopers with the traps 15 yds apart over the hedge :hmm::hmm:

enjoy. :yes::yes::yes: but keep going till the last bird. ???

i recon a 94/5 will win :yes:

Edited by beretta

8 stands done and 4 down ??? then we hit the harder ones. :/:hmm:???

twice i came off a stand with a 2 out of 6 :hmm::hmm::yes:

overall a great shoot with more than one stand on the more than hard side. 60+ yard midis and standard crossers left me a bit bewilderded as its a long time since i have shot anything like these.

a few simo pairs too today with a cracker of a stand throwing a simo pair of loopers with the traps 15 yds apart over the hedge :hmm::hmm:

enjoy. :yes::yes::yes: but keep going till the last bird. :yes:

Well shot B, should be an interesting session tomorrow :good:

8 stands done and 4 down :good: then we hit the harder ones. :yes::/:hmm:

twice i came off a stand with a 2 out of 6 :hmm::hmm:???

enjoy. :yes::yes::yes: but keep going till the last bird. ???

Well done brian, that stand was 2. I dropped 3X8 on that, I shot all stands with a 3/8 except for stand 7 a R2 L crosser with a report bird far out teal I

stuck in a 3/4 choke with a red band strip of tape, Ben Hustwaite said you cant shoot that with a skeet choke!!! It dusted all the teal dropped one of the

loopers!!. straight on the quarry a below your feet going away bird about 35 yards out, on report you had to turn 90degrees to your left and shoot a fast

incomer again down hill under your shooting position. I enjoyed it, :yes::hmm::hmm: