English Open Sporting.....7th - 9th May

Catamong

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, well done guys, looks like me, Magman,and Chard are the Big Daddys out of our shooting group! :oops:

I want to see tomorow at Kingsley more reverance from you chaps towards us, instead of the usual merciless

barracking! shown to us elder statemen like figures who are looked upon with awe by lesser shooters elswhere :oops:

I suppose you chaps will want autographed photo's of us now. which is a bit annoying but Im'e sure we will cope!! :oops::mad:

The course sounds as good as the usual cracking Hodnet tasty titbits. I'm going to bed now as i have to get up at 3-30am to make sure i get there for 8 bells. :oops::oops: I'll report back when i get back at god knows what time. Really looking forward to this one . from Auntie. and well shot to all you who have shot it allready. :oops:

well the wheels fell off and i dropped 4 stupid birds on the last 2 stands :(

ended up on a 91 which im still fairly happy with.

Top darts sir :oops:

Well the dummie has gone back in now so here is what i thought :mad:

Great targets today and well run :mad:

Not alot there 1/4 won't kill if not all :hmm:

Well done all that shot it and would be great to see something similar for the north south meet :yes:

But Claybuster Miroku trap 3/4 & full :oops: that's a hell of a score for using the said gun ( smoking clays or a clean miss ) :oops:

Glad i shot this and it being my first big one i didn't do too bad , i think :yp:

Well, that's the beauty of Hodnet, not a single trap is visible, a completely natural setting, and it catches most people out, (including the "experts"). :oops:

There is no finer ground for Sporting clays in England, let's hope for decent weather on the 29th so we can all have a great time. :oops:

Cat.

well the wheels fell off and i dropped 4 stupid birds on the last 2 stands :yp:

ended up on a 91 which im still fairly happy with.

Emmsy, to say the wheels fell off after shooting a 91 (and leading A class by 3 birds) is somewhat of an exaggaration. That is fantastic shooting by any standand over that course against the best shooters in the UK.

If you want to know about wheels falling off I will give you a masterclass, we started on Stand 3 and when I dropped the first bird of the last of the 4 pairs I knew i was in for one of those days!! After 4 stands (30 birds) I was 4 down, OK if I can keep this up I'll finish on 85 which would have more than suited me but it wasn't to be, looks as though I followed Chard's script and missed a ruck of birds on the pathway at the top of the shoot. We finished on Stand 2, 4 simultaneous pairs of L to R loopers which I straighted and even when I shoot badly like I feel I did today, I'm always chuffed to kill up on the last stand.

Overall I thought it was a good shoot not a great shoot, no-one was beaten by distance although a few targets looked a very long way off when they were killed they were hit hard not just broken in two. Didn't like the very quick simo pairs on the driven stand trick shooting for us older less supple shooters but I was beaten by myself today complacent on what looked "easy", relaxing after I'd killed the first pair out the usual stuff from an incompetent halfwit :mad::yes::hmm:

So to sum up, brilliant shooting Emmsy, I think only Cat could snatch the PW HG from you, the rest of us I'm sure feel as if we could (and should) have done better. It wasn't a real comp anyway, the PW N v S shoot now that's the one we can't afford to relax on :oops::oops:

Mr Potter

PS Re my post regarding the loos, they must have read my mind the last time I was there cos they've changed the portaloos for the Rolls Royce version, I expected to see a palm court trio playing soothing music in the corner :oops::mad:

Yes, well shot Emmsy, you've obviously pulled your socks up a bit since the last time I saw you at Hodnet...!! :oops:

You'll certainly get a draw from that result, so now you've got no excuses for not supporting the PW event that's coming up soon. :oops:

See you on the 29th, God knows, we need a few who can shoot. :oops:

Cat.

Well done to Beretta who won the big shoot of the day (today). :oops: even bigger than the English Open at Hodnet :oops:

Forget Mr Digweed, Mr Lee, etc. he shot with the best shooters Britain can muster, and overcame great odds (sub-sonic cartridges) to end up as overall high gun.

Hope we taught you 'how not to shoot' Brian.. :oops:

As to your generous gesture of giving away your massive winnings to charity, we can only salute you.. :mad:

Yep, well done guys, looks like me, Magman,and Chard are the Big Daddys out of our shooting group! :oops:

I want to see tomorow at Kingsley more reverance from you chaps towards us, instead of the usual merciless

barracking! shown to us elder statemen like figures who are looked upon with awe by lesser shooters elswhere :oops:

I suppose you chaps will want autographed photo's of us now. which is a bit annoying but Im'e sure we will cope!! :mad::yes:

I Would love a signed Photo of you boys :oops: A few photo's about the size of the Pattern plate at Doveridge will do thanks :hmm:

And even better if you could have 100 made about 6"x6" inches square rolled round a short peace of cardbord tube, would be smashing :mad:

Magmans not an elder statesman either :( he's only 22 :yp: he just had a hard paper round. :P:P:P

After yesterday Sunday morning here is just glorious -- blue sky - warm and sunny.

I am sure you Saturday lads could have added a few more X to your cards if you shot today.

Going to look at Hodnet web site and see if Tom is doing a Saturday re-run of English sometime in future.

Dave

ps -- Just looked and you can re-shoot English on Thursday 13th -- usually £40 which includes free tea and bacon bap followed by meal after shoot.

Edited by DSPUK

Shot like a plank. 54. How embarrasing is that?I didn't actually think that anything was that difficult as i more or less hit some of everything, but just couldn't seem to build a scoring run up.Theres always another day and mine will be on the north /south bun fight.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???:good:??????:lol: from Auntie

Indeed, well shot Emmsy :good: Looks like happychappy246 has done good again as well ??? ???

I can't remember HappyChap's name. How many did he get, then? :lol:

Edit : Yeah found him. Very well shot chap ???

Edited by Chard

Shot like a plank. 54. How embarrasing is that?I didn't actually think that anything was that difficult as i more or less hit some of everything, but just couldn't seem to build a scoring run up.Theres always another day and mine will be on the north /south bun fight.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??????:lol:???:lol: from Auntie

Now then Auntie we all agreed to shot a bit below par for the last few weeks before the meet :lol: but this could look a bit ott when you do a 94 on the big day :good:

Shot like a plank. 54. How embarrasing is that?I didn't actually think that anything was that difficult as i more or less hit some of everything, but just couldn't seem to build a scoring run up.Theres always another day and mine will be on the north /south bun fight.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???:good:??????:lol: from Auntie

Rough do, Auntie :lol:

Wasn't an easy one, seems to have caught a lot of people out.

We were talking to a few AA chaps at Kingsley today and they were still agonising over what went wrong.