English Open Sporting.....7th - 9th May

Catamong

Rough do, Auntie :lol:

Wasn't an easy one, seems to have caught a lot of people out.

We were talking to a few AA chaps at Kingsley today and they were still agonising over what went wrong.

They probably just suffered the "Chard-Anni Curse" that plagues everybody else. :good:

eee Auntie, that were a bit silly ??? Pull your socks up ??? ???

Edited by paulos

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only a wind up, :lol: Hey didya use the auto yesterday Annie? Ive had plenty of O/U guns but I still come back to

a semi auto. Are you and the Mafia going to Kingsley today? ???

I know it was a wind up ya dafty :good:

Good to see ya today at Kingsley ??? I took the 682 and did ok with it :lol::lol:

Better chose a gun and stick to it from now on :lol:

Well shot Everyone on here who Shot the English open this year ??? I salute you all for having a go :lol::lol:

Roll on next year :lol:

I know it was a wind up ya dafty :good:

Good to see ya today at Kingsley :lol:I took the 682 and did ok with it :lol::lol:

Better chose a gun and stick to it from now on :lol:

Well shot Everyone on here who Shot the English open this year :lol: I salute you all for having a go :lol::lol:

Roll on next year :lol:

For christ sake Anni ??? Looks like you take a different gun for an excuse man :lol: make your bloody mind up ???

canthitathing Posted Today, 06:40 PM

Jesus!! I hope the stands are a bit easier on the North /South shoot. Loads of AAA shooters in the low 80's. I'll be able to count my hits on the fingers of a one armed man!!

Why shoot the best ground in the country and ask for easy targets ??? i hope they keep it tough for the £40 ive paid :lol:

Enjoy the ground for what it can offer :lol:

:lol::lol: Jesus!! I hope the stands are a bit easier on the North /South shoot. Loads of AAA shooters in the low 80's. I'll be able to count my hits on the fingers of a one armed man!! ??????

It won't be like that mate :lol:

They seem to have two types of course. One for charity dos and such, including a lot of normal comps, like the Police Cheshire Shield.

This is a very enjoyable course, but not too challenging. Even ******* students like Paulos can score 94 on this type of course ???

Then they have the turbo bitchmutha go-faster ones for big punch-ups like the English Open. This doesn't seem to be particularly tough at first glance, but the course setting is a bit devious, to catch everybody out :good:

Edited by Chard

It won't be like that mate ???

They seem to have two types of course. One for charity dos and such, including a lot of normal comps, like the Police Cheshire Shield.

This is a very enjoyable course, but not too challenging. Even ******* students like Paulos can score 94 on this type of course ???

Then they have the turbo bitchmutha go-faster ones for big punch-ups like the English Open. This doesn't seem to be particularly tough at first glance, but the course setting is a bit devious, to catch everybody out :good:

???

?????? Jesus!! I hope the stands are a bit easier on the North /South shoot. Loads of AAA shooters in the low 80's. I'll be able to count my hits on the fingers of a one armed man!! :good:???

I'm used to smokin' thin air. Sounds as though the pro's can't handle it. Should I pack the 4 bore?

The Uni Championship course was tougher than the English Open. This hasn't been proven, but it is scientific fact ???

George Digweed asked me if I'd mind shooting the English Open for him yesterday, because he was anxious to get a good score, so we swapped cards. :good:

This hasn't been proven but it just shows that I'm hot **** ???

Edited by Chard

George Digweed asked me if I'd mind shooting the English Open for him yesterday, so we swapped cards. ???

These hasn't been proven but it just shows that I'm hot **** ???

Was this before or after he had asked you to stop Bagering him for Autographs and photo's and if you could carry his cartridge bag for him :lol:

Seeing you on the clubhouse steps shouting GEORGE, GEORGE, GEORGE, GEOOOOORRRRRGGGGE, GEOOOOOORGE,GEORGE,GEORGE,GEORGE,GEORGE

GEOOOOORGGEE, GEOOOOORGE, GEORGE. ??? Was slightly embarrassing aswell

I don't think that phone number he gave you of 123456789 is going to work either :good:

Was this before or after he had asked you to stop Bagering him for Autographs and photo's and if you could carry his cartridge bag for him ???

Seeing you on the clubhouse steps shouting GEORGE, GEORGE, GEORGE, GEOOOOORRRRRGGGGE, GEOOOOOORGE,GEORGE,GEORGE,GEORGE,GEORGE

GEOOOOORGGEE, GEOOOOORGE, GEORGE. ??? Was slightly embarrassing aswell

I don't think that phone number he gave you of 123456789 is going to work either :good:

You stupid boy Pike. I was coaching him.

That wasn't a phone number.

I told him to count slowly to 10, because he was getting a bit hyper about shooting in such prestigious company (me) ???

It won't be like that mate :lol:

Ha! Ha! ??? Thanks for the reassuring words ??? Hit them or miss them I am really looking forward to the day. Be nice to put faces to names and shoot somewhere I've never been before.

OOOOOP the North :lol:

You stupid boy Pike. I was coaching him.

That wasn't a phone number.

I told him to count slowly to 10, because he was getting a bit hyper about shooting in such prestigious company (me) :good:

NOOOOOO ??? That was when he gave you ten seconds to **** right off. ???

Well Tom had better not change the targets for next Thursday as I need to practice them as well for NvS shoot - I only have 82 to beat by look of it - should be reasonably easy I think :good:

dave

Be strange if he did as it was advertised as a re shoot ??????

Well, as I predicted, it was a great shoot, not a single bird needed anything more than 3/8 choke, plenty of the usual Hodnet stuff, with many quick, zippy birds through the trees all doing a little bit more than you think they are.

I shot on a good squad, I was with Blocko, Hand Senior and Junior, and Kevin Howland, who went on to shoot a stunning 95 to be the joint leader with Mick Nicholson, who he then beat in the subsequent shoot off. ???

Ironically, Kevin's worse stand was No 12, a pretty longish simmo R/L pair of a midi and a standard thrown across a high gap in the trees, he missed 2 there, (in front of them both), I went on after him and straighted it, but it did me no good, my card was already ruined by missing 3 on stand 9, then another 3 on 10, (the driven pair). :good:

All in all, a sloppy performance over what was an outstanding course.

Both Hand Junior and Blocko struggled, doing an 83 and 84 respectively, they're both top class shooters and great guys and could have done a lot better.

I wish I could go back on Thursday to re-shoot it, a bacon bap on arrival and a meal afterwards for £40, that's a bargain. ???

Well shot to all PW members who made the effort, it's another little piece of the clay shooting jigsaw to fit together and gain from, and very well shot to our very own Emmsy, who won "A" class with a cracking 91.............I still couldn't persuade him to shoot for us Suvverners on 29th, he's got a prior engagement, but he reckons we don't need him anyway, as it's already in the bag. ???

Cat.

Go on Anni you know you can do better next time.

Of all the shooters there I give credit to lady shooter who did I think 26 - it take some bottle to shoot a big shoot like English knowing you will probably score low and have a squad watching your every shot. - so well done gal ;)

Dave

Yes I don't think its any coincedence that on the CPSA website the 1st and 2nd place shooters in AAA were following me around at the Open :big_boss:

They must have learnt so much looking over each shoulder B)

It didn't suprise me today when I booked into two more Major competitions, that when I gave my name there was some paper rustling and whispering going on.

They said that it wasn't the first time my name had been mentioned today and that there was quite a few "TOP" shooters interested in my Squad details B)

I had to stop them there and tell them I wanted my Squad details and Peg numbers kept top secret :D Its only fair :D:P

Yes I don't think its any coincedence that on the CPSA website the 1st and 2nd place shooters in AAA were following me around at the Open :big_boss:

It didn't suprise me today when I booked into two more Major competitions, that when I gave my name there was some paper rustling and whispering going on.

They said that it wasn't the first time my name had been mentioned today and that there was quite a few "TOP" shooters interested in my Squad details B)

I had to stop them there and tell them I wanted my Squad details and Peg numbers kept top secret :D Its only fair :D:P

de·lu·sion (d-lzhn)

n.

a. The act or process of deluding.

b. The state of being deluded.

2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.

3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.

:P B) ;):D:P B) :D

Edited by Chard

They said that it wasn't the first time my name had been mentioned today and that there was quite a few "TOP" shooters interested in my Squad details ;)

And in Anni's next dream he would of shot a straight but dropped an bird so he didn't look a thawt B)