BASC car sticker

I well remember when my brother worked for Coypu Control , they had White vans with Coypu Control on the sides in fairly large letters , when the campaign started their were still large numbers of Coypus about and nobody blinked a eyelid at the vans , then as they started to make inroads into the numbers and they were televised taken them out of the traps the mood amongst the public started to change with the tyres being let down or a hole put into them , when things got bad they removed all the writing on the vans and things settled down as far as the motors being damaged , this continued till the ministry finally declared the war against the Coypu was over .

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

I well remember when my brother worked for Coypu Control , they had White vans with Coypu Control on the sides in fairly large letters , when the campaign started their were still large numbers of Coypus about and nobody blinked a eyelid at the vans , then as they started to make inroads into the numbers and they were televised taken them out of the traps the mood amongst the public started to change with the tyres being let down or a hole put into them , when things got bad they removed all the writing on the vans and things settled down as far as the motors being damaged , this continued till the ministry finally declared the war against the Coypu was over .

went for an interview for that job..........good money...and bonus scheme and free .22 shells....traps and sugar beet and van and boat with engine.......sick as a pig i didnt get it

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

went for an interview for that job..........good money...and bonus scheme and free .22 shells....traps and sugar beet and van and boat with engine.......sick as a pig i didnt get it

The bonus scheme was paid at the end of the campaign because the trappers had virtually done themselves out of a job , it was reported that if they cleared them up before the ten year target they would get up to three times there yearly salary , and I believe they done it in the time frame .

Like you say , good money and if you like that sort of thing it was job satisfaction , you never know if things had been different after you had your interview we might had crossed each others path . :drinks:

16 hours ago, marsh man said:

Makes interesting reading:

Wikipedia &

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/features/what-happened-to-the-coypu-in-east-anglia-71358

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I can well remember the 62 / 63 Winter when the severe weather killed more Coypu's than the trappers did , at that time they were virtually out of control , and then with the long severe frosts that went on for weeks a lot of the Coypu's were either frozen below ground or above it, we used to take the Orange teeth out of the skulls of the skeletons that were scattered around the marshes and I had a tin full that I must have left in my shed when I moved from my last house .

THANKS for sharing the article .

Had my sgc interview a few weeks ago and the firearms man looked round my pickup when he got here. I asked why and he said checking you have no visible shooting related stickers. Apparently some sc##bags are seeing the stickers, taking your reg no and finding your address off the net and paying you a visit in the wee small hours looking for guns. Just saying beware guys.

On 18/10/2021 at 08:10, David BASC said:

Give me your address and I will send you one, you can email me at david.ilsley@basc.org.uk

David

Hi @David BASC, It's not regarding this topic (sorry everyone).  I would like to talk to you regarding sponsoring events (as in me parting with money to sponsor a shooting event - not a sales pitch for sponsorship) and struggling to get through to BASC, do you have a direct telephone number please?