Wasps need an expert in Essex

ME

I manage my brothers rental property in Billericay (Essex).

My bros tenant has called today and said that they have been away for 3 weeks and the house is full of wasps and the chimney breast is "buzzing".

Does anyone know a company in Essex that will deal with this for me ?

Think I'd go with the lighting a fire bit meself - only a wee one, but with loads of paper to get smoke going up there. Get Bazza to sit on top of the chimney and let one rip - Voila - No more wasps!!

Don't let Bazza anywhere near it...

If he lets a proper one go then the house will be unfit for human habitation for at least a decade. Or if some wasps somehow make it up his ******** then the results of him farting later will be worse than any chemical weaponry currently known to man. :hmm:

FM :good:

The chimney has an open fire but it hasnt been lit for years so that in itself could be a danger. (as it hasnt been swept).

This is an expensive house to rent so I need a professional solution. Anyway the last time I sent Bazza round there to sort out some jobs he spent all the time doing "extras" for the tenants wife :hmm:

have you heard of the Bees that give milk?

BOOBIES :good::yes::yes::yes::lol::lol: ill get me coat. :hmm:

I do some pest control.

Im 99% certain that it will be honey bees rather than wasps.

The options for treatment will depend on the height of the chimmney and the length of time the bees have been using it, cheapest option is to sheet off the mouth of the chimmney and use an insecticide smoke with a chimmney sweep on hand to shift the comb.

If this is not possible then it can be treated from outside but acess to the top of the pot is needed, usualy scafolding or cheery picker and this isnt a cheap option.

What ever happens it is imperative that the comb is removed otherwise other bees will be atracted to the honey.

Contact your local Beekeeping association they will know how to move them on. Honey bees are protected but if its a health risk you are allowed to kill them. But as I said contact your local beekeeping association they may even want to take the swarm but may not due to disease.

Edited by BFG

Go down to a hardware shop and buy a sulphur candle.Place it in the fireplace and light it and watch the smoke from it go up the chimney.Then leave the room and close the door behind you for twenty minutes.That should kill anything up the chimney.You will then need the chimney sweeping if they are bees to try and remove any comb up the chimney.If they are wasps there will be no need for the chimney sweeping.You will know if they are wasps or bees when you look at the dead ones in the fireplace.A beekeeper will not bother with them if in the chimney it is too much hassle.

Honey bees are not protected some Bumble bees are,but in your situation you would be in the right to kill them if you had no other option. :hmm: