Choke help

Hi everyone. This is my first post and it is one for advice. I bought a benelli super 90 today and I can't get the choke out as its in pretty tight. My local shop could not get it out and said I have a 2 week trail, if I wanted it after this period to take it back and they would get it out for me. I asked what choke was in it and they said 1/4. Upon getting it home I looked in the choke box and 1/4 was inside the box. It is a friction type and I can't get a good enough grip on it to undo it so looking for suggestions. Lea

It won't happen again though because after you've bought it you'll be wanting to clean the gun every 5 minutes and at that time be taking the chokes out and cleaning those then adding a small bit of 3in1 oil on the threads before you put them back in. :look:

:good: if the gun is new i would take it back never mind the 2 week trial,whats that about.if the guns new it will be under warranty for at least 12 months.seems because you are new to shooting they are taking the p***.if you get no satisfaction i would be on the phone to GMK UK and ask them to sort it out,generally good.is this Gunshop where you bought it a small or large concern.why not ask to speak to the man in charge.----Dave

Soak the barrels overnight in penetrating oil, preferably in a jar with 2" of oil and the barrels down vertically - then remove the barrels and pour boiling water or a dry heat source such as from a hairdryer on the outside to fractionally expand the barrels, - then pour cold water or oil through the barrels and immediately try the friction key - hopefully the barrels will have expanded 1/1000" and the chokes contracted the same, so they will ease out. When removed use water dispersant on everything, grease the chokes and barrel threads with Vaseline, and NEVER EVER store them tight again, always remove or loosen on two/three turns, re-tighten before each use.

If you cannot get them out, its a warranty job, as suggested. Tale great care if you do try not to damage anything, as if you do while trying your warranty will go out the window.

Hi everyone. This is my first post and it is one for advice. I bought a benelli super 90 today and I can't get the choke out as its in pretty tight. My local shop could not get it out and said I have a 2 week trail, if I wanted it after this period to take it back and they would get it out for me. I asked what choke was in it and they said 1/4. Upon getting it home I looked in the choke box and 1/4 was inside the box. It is a friction type and I can't get a good enough grip on it to undo it so looking for suggestions. Lea

Who's the dealer ?

So the shop gave you a 'trial' with a wide open choke and said they'd switch it if you bought the gun :good:

Depending on the choke, it can sometimes be easier to remove it by hand as you can get more grip if you stick your finger in there and twist the barrel.

Leaves a nice gouge in your finger for a few days but no risk of damaging the choke/key.