Another result foxing

SSS

The problem really is in feeling that you have to post about every thing you shoot,as has been said..some things are best not shared.

Nothing wrong with using your shotgun,and you certainly had the right load,called it into a good range...but when it all went wrong..then maybe,just keep that 1 to yourself.

Certainly not clever to add laughing smilies to the story when your talking about chasing down a wounded fox!!

There seems to be some on here who have no respect whatsoever for the animals they are hunting..please don,t become 1 of them,otherwise you,ll just come across like the "IDIOT" below;

First of all good work mate, getting rid of another mangy fox.

By the way,well done on following up to finish it as quickly as you could.

As said a few times on this post well done on following up on the despatch,

But !!! you have only yourself to blame for the negative comments.

You are putting in for FAC well in my honest opinion i think you should wait until you get your choice of CF (which seems to be quite a hard decision from your previous posts,ie 17Rem-223-22.250-6mill-Br-6millPPC, or is there more that you have been reading up on using the search on tinternet) You have been given some sound advice on here from some very "hands on experienced people" on here ;) Take that advice, wait until you are in possesion of your CF.

Sam, you owe it to yourself and the sport, we have enough negative publicity as it is..

Edited by Dougy

and thats before we mention running with a loaded gun ;)

There's always one isn't there alex?? How did you work out I was running with a loaded gun after I had fired a shot and had a miss-fire? :)

I like to share what happened and tell a story. The laughing smilie was a mistake looking back, I put that in, because you can just imagine 2 fat ******** chasing a young fit fox!

Perhaps not as funny as I thought.

Next time, I won't share a story, there's always too many people to jump on it when something goes wrong!

As you may have read on my profile, you don't get old and wise until you've been young and stupid!

The problem really is in feeling that you have to post about every thing you shoot,as has been said..some things are best not shared.

Nothing wrong with using your shotgun,and you certainly had the right load,called it into a good range...but when it all went wrong..then maybe,just keep that 1 to yourself.

Certainly not clever to add laughing smilies to the story when your talking about chasing down a wounded fox!!

There seems to be some on here who have no respect whatsoever for the animals they are hunting..please don,t become 1 of them,otherwise you,ll just come across like the "IDIOT" below;

By the way,well done on following up to finish it as quickly as you could.

Excuse me, I have as much respect for the animals I shoot as anyone else. If you actually look at the picture you will notice that the fox has Mange on the neck, so before you come on here and criticise me for giving my opinion will you actually get your facts right. :good:

Excuse me, I have as much respect for the animals I shoot as anyone else. If you actually look at the picture you will notice that the fox has Mange on the neck, so before you come on here and criticise me for giving my opinion will you actually get your facts right. :good:

You might want to think twice about the way you word things in the future then..if as you say,you have respect :)

SSS..don,t be put off,a 12 guage is the perfect tool for the job,especially as your calling them into range and using heavy shot. ???

Some of the criticism is constructive and should be taken as such..just think twice about what you post in future...sometimes it,s better to leave a few of the facts out :)

Went out tonight at 2300 with chunkyed in the hope that we would come across a fox or two, turned out it was only one, but its better than nothing.

Anyway, we got into the first field which is an L-shape, turned the corner, put the lamp on and there was a fox in the bottom corner. As soon as I put the lamp on, it gave it legs. We got out the truck and had a squeak, lamp on again and nothing. It had gone, and I bet its still running now :)

We proceeded to the next field with no joy, saw a cat... but for all you cat lovers out there, I left it.

I drove around a few more fields, still with no luck so we stopped at the top near a boundary fence and had a squeak. In the distance we saw a pair of eyes, but it was a long way off. We tried calling it in, but the wind was quite strong in our faces so I don't think it could hear. At this point we thought, ****** it, lets look in the last field and head home. On the road on the way to the last field, we pass another field which is owned by the same farmer, I put the lamp out of the window and turned it on in pure hope that there would be a fox there. Lo and behold, there was, right near the gate to the road. I drove past and went straight to the next field. Pulled up, jumped the gate, chunkyed on the lamp, gun out of the slip and we were ready. A security light turned on behind us so we moved further down the hedgerow to get away from the light. I started squeaking on the back of my hand (forgot the WAM caller) and Ed switched the lamp on, with a red filter. The fox was heading our direction at a fast rate of knots. It jumped over an electric fence and kept coming. When it got to about 30 yards, I let 36 grams of number 1's go his direction. It ran! So we ran :) I had another shot and got a miss-fire, reloaded, and had another, it was still running. It had 5 shots in the end, poor ******, it obviously wasn't his time to go. We caught up with it the other side of the field lying in the ditch.

Enough from me...

Another one down

post-17767-1272849554.jpg

Another dog fox to add to the list.

All the best,

Sam :good:

??? All that matters is it"s good ending, sometime these things happen,Well done.

You might want to think twice about the way you word things in the future then..if as you say,you have respect :)

SSS..don,t be put off,a 12 guage is the perfect tool for the job,especially as your calling them into range and using heavy shot. :good:

Some of the criticism is constructive and should be taken as such..just think twice about what you post in future...sometimes it,s better to leave a few of the facts out :)

I agree definitely, next time, the story will be different.

here we go again , shame **** different day. But who really cares what the antis think . Personally I dont give a rats ***. top read well done

Cheers mate ???

FORUM = A public meeting place for open discussion.

The man should be able to post what he likes as long as it's within the published rules, some of you should give him a break.

Another thread taken off topic by the righteous.

For those of you who never miss, always kill with one shot, I respect your supremacy <_<

It's a dead Fox, never a bad thing, interesting post, thanks for sharing it. :oops:

Edited by MITCHF

FORUM = A public meeting place for open discussion.

The man should be able to post what he likes as long as it's within the published rules, some of you should give him a break.

Another thread taken off topic by the righteous.

For those of you who never miss, always kill with one shot, I respect your supremacy :oops:

It's a dead Fox, never a bad thing, interesting post, thanks for sharing it. :oops:

Cheers mitch! <_<

You might want to think twice about the way you word things in the future then..if as you say,you have respect :oops:

No not really especially when I am talking about facts, the fox is mangy. Yes I do have respect and I'll take the above as an apology <_<