Gun in manchester, me in poole

jim38curl

Hi all,

Have just been granted an FAC for a .22 rimfire and mod. A friend of my brother in law has one that he will sell to me for £100 with a scope as well. Brother in law has seen and used it and says it's well worth the £100 and probably a hell of a lot more as well. Problem is that i live in Poole and the gun is in Manchester. To drive would be a 10 hour round trip of around 500 miles. I've got a 2.4l Surf and even running on veggy wouldn't be cheap. I know that you can't post but would he be able to ask his local gunshop to send it to my local gun shop ? If this is possible has anyone got any rough idea of how much this would cost / what the shop / shops would charge. Really keen to get the gun but don't want it to end up costing more than another second hand would cost.

Many thanks

Jim.

Thats brill, cheers guys. Just hope he doesn't mind the inconvenience of packing and sending it. Suppose if i offered him a bit more to make up for it, it will still be a hell of a lot cheaper.

Would he just take the rifle straight to TNT then or to his gun shop first ?

Thanks again,

Jim.

get him to take it to a gunshop, ask them to send it to a gunshop near you.

it will take about 1 week, cost about £15 - £35 and is much easier than organising it yourself.

i did this with a shotgun i bought, and had it delievered to a RFD friend. cost £20 extra ontop of the cost of the gun and apart from a slight slip up concerning paper work, was much easier than driving there or i would imagine dealing with TNT