Going away birds

ferretmanabu

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this one has cought me out in the past but i now have it cracked :lol: you have got to wait till the bird has stopped flying from side to side and is flying in a stright line then shoot at it it dont matter if its 50 yrds out you will still bring it down ..my mate rick shot one the other day out to 80yrds and picked it up at 90 yrds paced out pigeons have no meat on there backs and its the birds weak point ..dont rush your shot there is no rush if you miss it ,its there for another day

out to 80yrds

thats over 240ft  :D

dont think so  :lol:

i dont come on here to bull **** if i say it was 80 yrds out it was 80yrds out i have no need to lie the man was shooting 3/4 choke no6 .like i have said the pigeons weak spot is its back :P just becouse you may have never shot one at that range dont mean its not true ..one day you will say im right when you have shot at a few more :) sorry you could be right shot gun range is 45yrds then the pellets drop out the sky :lol::lol: think on :D

Edited by ROB REYNOLDS UK

No one is saying it cant be done............... but it is not an 'effective killing range' if you consitantly try and shoot at that range you will have more injuries than outright kills.

If you think that its ok to shoot at bird 80yards away with a 12b then perhaps you ought to look for another hobby.

That is the point................fact.

:lol:

out to 80yrds

thats over 240ft  :D

dont think so  :lol:

no ones saying it cant be done ha (Double) H)( henry d) say it cant ..there is no given range for a shooter there is a given range for the shells though but some shooter can push the limit..if you dont try you will never know ..im not saying its the range to shoot birds at but my mate did and hit it and dropped it is all im saying .........fact ......... :)

Edited by ROB REYNOLDS UK

Rob,

I'm not saying it can't be done, thats why I said that the EFFECTIVE range is less than 80 yards.

Most true Sportsmen would not keep popping at birds 80 yards away - OK, you'll get "lucky" now and again and bring the odd one down, but most will be pricked, possibly to die a horrible slow death on the banches of a distant sitty tree.

Double H

out to 80yrds

thats over 240ft  :oops:

dont think so  :rolleyes:

i dont come on here to bull **** if i say it was 80 yrds out it was 80yrds out i have no need to lie the man was shooting 3/4 choke no6 .like i have said the pigeons weak spot is its back :P just becouse you may have never shot one at that range dont mean its not true ..one day you will say im right when you have shot at a few more :P sorry you could be right shot gun range is 45yrds then the pellets drop out the sky :o :D think on :P

stating birds being shot at 80 yards is not doing u any favours.

just becouse you may have never shot one at that range dont mean its not true ..one day you will say im right when you have shot at a few more

shooting 30 plus years i confess of being <lucky> and shooting birds at this distance in my younger years . not so bloody daft now?

as for shooting a few more . must be over 20,000 by now hitting 75- 80% of anything i shoot at

sorry you could be right shot gun range is 45yrds then the pellets drop out the sky :lol::lol: think on :P

just the same as people taking rabbits at 60 yrd,s with 12 lb airgun can be done but u would sound a **** braging about it :*) :*) :*) :*)

sorry you could be right shot gun range is 45yrds then the pellets drop out the sky

Hope you were joking at this statement my mate has just had his interview with local FEO and he was told that even with a shotgun you have to be aware of backdrop as pellets can travel upto 200 yards. :P :o

I dont know if this is true or not im not going to argue with him he is supposed to be the expert.

:rolleyes::oops:

sorry you could be right shot gun range is 45yrds then the pellets drop out the sky

Hope you were joking at this statement my mate has just had his interview with local FEO and he was told that even with a shotgun you have to be aware of backdrop as pellets can travel upto 200 yards. :P :o

I dont know if this is true or not im not going to argue with him he is supposed to be the expert.

:rolleyes::oops:

they will travel quite alot more than 200yrds :D

iv heard round 400 to 500 yrds , .... but back to the pigeon at 80 yards , the effective killing range if diffrent with diffrent amount of powder surly please correct me if im wrong , so what happens when ur pheasant shoting and u shoot at a high bird wouldnt it be the same ( by the way im just wondering :rolleyes: )

regards edd

edd,

80 - 90 yards is well beyond the EFFECTIVE killing range of ANY 12 bore load - thats a fact.

A Pheasant 80 yards high is 240 feet up in the air - thats DOUBLE the height of the tallest Clay Pigeon tower that I'm aware of in the UK. If you launched a clay off the top of one that high, most people would not even be able to see it, let alone shoot at it.

I'm amazed at the number of people who simply don't appear to know at what range they can cleanly kill their quarry.

Double H