Any comments on KG cleaners?

converse320

Any recommendations for good copper removers for rifle? I've been using the Tetra cleaner for about a year now and am looking for something more effective. Been reading the adverts for the KG stuff and have ordered a basic kit from the Rifle Store. Any thoughts on these cleaners or is there anything else worth trying?

Thanks for any advice.

The use of a bronze brush will not harm your bore in any way and at least one pass through for every shot is a good guide to work on. Copper fouling will if not removed effect accuracy badly and some rifles will see an effect in less than 20 shots. Most people do not clean their rifles enough to gain optimum performance, ask any target shooter about the effects of copper fouling.

I have been using KG12 for the last 6 months and I rate it very highly. It is not designed to remove powder fouling so I uses Butches or Hoppes on a patch and then scrub with a bronze brush. After removing with a clean patch I soak a patch in KG12 pass it through and let it soak for a few minutes. Unlike other copper removers KG12 instantly turns the copper in the barrel bright a shinny so you can see it with a torch. It will remove everything. The best and fastest copper remover I have used and I have tried many.

My KG cleaners arrived and I am very very impressed - a barrel I'd spent hours on with Bore Foam and Tetra without success is now perfectly clean - and took less than 1/2 an hour. KG12 just seems to eat through the copper in no time.

I think the problem with any phosphor bronze brush with a decent copper remover is that the brush is likely to dissolve in the cleaner.

Anway, clean gun now - thanks for the advice.

I have gotten over the problem cleaning bronze brush with a solvent by, not using a solvent whilst using bronze brush. I use penatrating oil insted. Then patch out with Hoppes. I let the solvent soak as well for a while.

Looking farward to getting KG 12, looks to be a good copper buster. B)

Might cut down on using the Bronze brush. B)