Shooting books and DVDs

Big Dog

Can anyone recommend any good rifle shooting books or DVDs. I am Looking for 3 main things

1. Rifle care and maybe comparisions of calibre etc

2. Setting up your gun

3. Balistic stuff

All basic but I find it hard to get stuff that is interesting to read or watch. What I mean is not just all pages of writing but something that is well laid out with pictures, diagrams and good headings.

I bought one recently, cant remember what it is called, it is just page after page of text - to me this is very old style and boring, very hard to use as a reference book.

So what is your choice?? Maybe Internet stuff as well??[/B]

BD,

I was given Robin Marshall-Balls' "The Sporting Rifle - User's Handbook" a couple of years ago, that isn't a bad book. It covers most things, .22's are given a bit more room that the other calibres, but that is mainly due to their popularity. It is at least and English book, some of the American stuff can be a bit irrelevant to us.

It lists at about £19 but if you use AbeBooks to find it for you you should be able to get it for less than that.

If you get any DVD's let me know an I can burn a quick 'backup' of them :rolleyes:

Hi big Dog, have a look at these mate:

http://www.foxshot.co.uk/Videos.html

This is not too bad either, some basic stuff on it, but good:

DVD - Rifle Care Basics

Learn How To:

Choose the right rifle/scope combination for hunting. Properly mount your scope to your rifle. Bore sight your scope. Make the final adjustments to sight-in your rifle. Clean and care for your rifle for a lifetime of reliability.

Plus, enjoy four mini-hunts showing Mountain Sheep in Mongolia, Caribou and Dall Sheep in Alaska, and Whitetail in South Texas.

Run time 36 minutes

Price: £9.99 Listing # DVD11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ View Products ] [ Order Form ] [ Search Products ] [ Contact Us ] [ Field and Forces ]

Field and Forces Country Wear

41 Galgate

Barnard Castle

County Durham

DL12 8EJ

Kip, thats one impressive site. :blink: Lots to watch their. :lol:

Edited by Frank

DVD - Rifle Care Basics

Learn How To:

Choose the right rifle/scope combination for hunting. Properly mount your scope to your rifle. Bore sight your scope. Make the final adjustments to sight-in your rifle. Clean and care for your rifle for a lifetime of reliability.

Plus, enjoy four mini-hunts showing Mountain Sheep in Mongolia, Caribou and Dall Sheep in Alaska, and Whitetail in South Texas.

Run time 36 minutes

Price: £9.99 Listing # DVD11

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Field and Forces Country Wear

41 Galgate

Barnard Castle

County Durham

DL12 8EJ

Frank - thanks mate. the post was a little confusing so on the quote above, is the the DVD and the Address to purchase??

Thanks

Hope you are keeping the 223 hot

BD

DVD - Rifle Care Basics

Learn How To:

Run time 36 minutes

Price: £9.99      Listing # DVD11

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Field and Forces Country Wear

41 Galgate

Barnard Castle

County Durham

DL12 8EJ 

Frank - thanks mate. the post was a little confusing so on the quote above, is the the DVD and the Address to purchase??

Thanks

Hope you are keeping the 223 hot

BD

Big Dog

If you are haveing problems with contacting this shop let me know i only live 20 miles away can always pop in for you if needed ok. :lol::lol::lol: