What to do in London for the afternoon?

Nial

Central unfortunately, I need to be in Stanstead for 19:00 so need to stay fairly central.

Nial.

Not that unfortunate,

Stansted can be on my way home, if you can get somewhere near Dartford by train I can pick you up and delever you to the airport.

Entirely up to you.

If not there is plenty of all you can eat chinese's in chinatown. And then Leicester Square or Soho

you could have a nose around some of the posh shooting shops (Holland and Holland etc.)

Aye, I've always fancied a made to measure shooting jacket for ~£3K :lol:

I might go in for a look if I've time.

Nial

Piccadily Line to Covent Garden, (you could spend all the time there)Wwalk down to Leicester Square( Witherspoons Pub) carry on to Trafalgar Sqare, walk down Whitehall (another Witherspoon Pub, walk up to Charing Cross turn down Villears Street and wal across the footbridge to the Southbank. There you have the London Eye, London Aquarium etc.

That is a good basic day out in London and unless you go on the Eye etc it's FREE. :lol:

Keep away from China Town Food wise it's ****. :lol:

Seconded the Beretta gallery on St. James' Street, you've also got Williams and Evans on the same road, and plenty of cigar shops to smell, with Berry Broters and Rudd wine cellar, go for some tasters of their £5k reds. It's only a short walk then to Saville Row and Jeryman St. for a look at some really nice suits and shirts. Top it off with a walk round Fortnam and Masons, floor 4 is the gentlemans floor. Just go for a look and make your birthday list or class it all as expenses.

Gibby

When I'm down that way I allways have a look in the Beretta Gallery and William evans. Theres a good outdoors kind of shop on a corner down Pallmall.

Allways have a look down Burllington arcade and have a look in the shop window where they make the Victoria Cross. then onto Bond street to worry all the security guards with are Northern accents :lol: Also droll over the Omega speedmaster's and Patek phillipe's :lol:

Imperial War Museum is on my list to do next time I'm there.