What to do in London for the afternoon?

Nial

Things to do in London, the ME (very) ROUGH GUIDE -

* Avoid getting mugged

* Admire the litter

* Hang with the homeless

* Buy a big issue

* Congratulate yourself on not living in London

* Get whisked away in a frenzy of Japanese tourists with large Nikon lensed cameras

* Take a trip on the antiquated public transport - or walk if you want to get somewhere quick

* Take a taxi - if you want a driver in golf attire telling you what's wrong with the country for the length of the journey

* Marvel at the multi-cultural diversity - otherwise know as playing "spot the white man"

* Visit an overpriced, dirty, over-rated place of interest

* Play "floater spotting" whilst looking into the Thames

* Wait till someone foreign asks you for directions then make something up

* Look in an estate agents window and be stunned at the price of property

* Enjoy an overpriced meal served by a foreigner with poor English skills or a surly French waiter

* Go and see the Queen at Buck House and the other members of our not-so-British royal family

Alternatively, get out of London as soon as possible and take MC up on his offer.

Things to do in London, the ME (very) ROUGH GUIDE -

* Avoid getting mugged

* Admire the litter

* Hang with the homeless

* Buy a big issue

* Congratulate yourself on not living in London

* Get whisked away in a frenzy of Japanese tourists with large Nikon lensed cameras

* Take a trip on the antiquated public transport - or walk if you want to get somewhere quick

* Take a taxi - if you want a driver in golf attire telling you what's wrong with the country for the length of the journey

* Marvel at the multi-cultural diversity - otherwise know as playing "spot the white man"

* Visit an overpriced, dirty, over-rated place of interest

* Play "floater spotting" whilst looking into the Thames

* Wait till someone foreign asks you for directions then make something up

* Look in an estate agents window and be stunned at the price of property

* Enjoy an overpriced meal served by a foreigner with poor English skills or a surly French waiter

* Go and see the Queen at Buck House and the other members of our not-so-British royal family

I've done all that, my wee sister used to live in Stoke Newington. You missed out...

* Go to a clip joint in Soho with your mate then have to make a quick escape when you realise you're about to get stung.

I was young and innocent then. :lol:

Alternatively, get out of London as soon as possible and take MC up on his offer.

That's by far my favourite option, it depends on what time the meetings I've got lined up

finish. They're paying for the trip so I can't cut things short to go clay shooting, I made the

stupid mistake of telling them I've plent of time.

Thanks for all the other pointers, the Beretta Galley is what I couldn't remember being

advised before!

It'll be there then the Imperial War Museum or the National Gallery for a bit if I can't make

Dartford. Despite being very fond of a beer I don't like drinking during the day unless I

can keep going, and I have to drive home from the airport.

Nial.

If you are interested in anything shooting related London is the right place to be -- Just make sure cops know your are white English and they will shoot you or make sure gangsta's see you and they will shoot you.

Ok so that was a bit of a joke but I can't understand for life of me why you want to go to London - the dog's **** of UK

I work in Albemarle St which is a couple of streets away from the Beretta Gallery, I've been in a couple of times and all the guns were minging, £22k for a gun and it's covered in grubby fingerprints???

I would happily join you for lunch but I'm out on site visits that day.

Let me know when you are up this way again though, same goes for most other PW peeps too.

Nige

If you are interested in anything shooting related London is the right place to be -- Just make sure cops know your are white English and they will shoot you or make sure gangsta's see you and they will shoot you.

Ok so that was a bit of a joke but I can't understand for life of me why you want to go to London - the dog's **** of UK

Obviously you have led a sheltered life.

Just outside Hodnet? Is that near Outer Scrotum? :blink:

[Father Jack] AR SE [/Father Jack]

They've discovered that the vastly complex and difficult manipulation of the MPEG-2 transport stream,

which I was going down to discuss, doesn't have to happen so they've called if off at the

last minute.

Oh well, at least I'll sleep in my own bed tonight!

N

Bulls Head at Barnes :lol:

Used to be good for live music and atmosphere.

They'll have ruined it now with the smoking ban. It just wouldn't be the same without the blue haze of fag smoke and coughing your ring up :good:

I like London, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Punch & Judy at Covent Garden was the other one, that's probably all touristy and twee now :good:

Edited by Chard

Are you trying to say that London isn't a sheeeeyte hole? :good:

There's a lot wrong with London, however there is more to see and do here than any other part of the country.

I like the countryside, seaside, provincial towns can be ok but overall London has more.

I can be in Covent Garden in 15 minutes, Houses of Parliament in 20 minutes most of the museums or for that matter the countryside of Essex or Hertfordshire in half an hour.

I've been to Colchester several times but it was shut.

I have lived in several places here and abroad. In all honesty my preference is London with all it's faults.

There's a lot wrong with London, however there is more to see and do here than any other part of the country.

I like the countryside, seaside, provincial towns can be ok but overall London has more.

I can be in Covent Garden in 15 minutes, Houses of Parliament in 20 minutes most of the museums or for that matter the countryside of Essex or Hertfordshire in half an hour.

I have lived in several places here and abroad. In all honesty my preference is London with all it's faults.

It wasn't shut,

We just heard in advance that you were coming :good: :good: :lol:

thats why living just North of London is best, I can be into the west end in 45 minutes yet live in the countryside. I'd agree about Colchester its been pretty grim whenever I've been

thats why living just North of London is best, I can be into the west end in 45 minutes yet live in the countryside. I'd agree about Colchester its been pretty grim whenever I've been

It is pretty grim......................due to loads of ******* Londoners moving here!!

I can see your point, but you might have many reasons to visit London, business, entertainment or have a look at the sites. There would not be any reasons for other people to visit Hichin though nice as it may be to live in.