Eliminated

mick miller

Well, after all the problems I had with my Eliminator and having taking it back for a full service and subsequent re-zero I felt confident enough to go for a stroll. I managed 9 in total, these two were taken before the light faded and rendered my camera phone useless. All but one were headshot and the big one in the photo I paced out at 42 yards (a little low on placement but the 24 ft lbs was effective nonetheless).

A very happy camper and liberated from the bipods and sticks at last!!

eliminated.jpg

That's some pretty good shooting mate.

I was out tonight trying to zero in my new(ish) scope on my 12 ft/lbs Webley Exocet with bi-pod (one of the last Webleys out of UK) and was all over the zero target for a while at 40 yards, started to come together a bit before the light went so will try to finish zeroing tomorrow.

The larger rabbit at 42 yards is a cracking shot, mind the 24 ft/lbs would help a little :blink:

It does help no doubt, but it only adds (from my reckoning) 10 or so yards to the range of a sub 12ft lb. The .20 cal is ideal I think; a balance between .177's flat trajectory and a .22's stopping power. I zeroed at 17yds and again at 40 yards (no bipods sadly and it took me 50 pellets or so once the gun had been repaired). The extra power just means I don't need to be so very precise with placement, as long as it hits the back of the head it's game over, I had the odd runner with the .177 at legal limits which is never very nice on the conscience. But having to take shots seated, supporting the gun on open hand on top of a knee can be a little wobbly unless you get the shot off quickly.

EDIT: Can you shoot a Webley Exocet off a bipod? Aren't they a springer?

Edited by mick miller

Spot on Mick, the Exocet is a springer, but the Dragon Claw bi-pod works really well for me.

It clamps to the barrel and with the lower legs extended using the springs to take the weigth whilst getting comfy, I then take most of the weight of the gun when taking the shot.

I just seem to be a lot more accurate shooting prone like this with the bi-pod than purely on my elbows......well, I was before I changed scopes :blink:

Spot on Mick, the Exocet is a springer, but the Dragon Claw bi-pod works really well for me.

It clamps to the barrel and with the lower legs extended using the springs to take the weigth whilst getting comfy, I then take most of the weight of the gun when taking the shot.

I just seem to be a lot more accurate shooting prone like this with the bi-pod than purely on my elbows......well, I was before I changed scopes :oops:

You have to let them move as freely as possible, no? I thought supports other than the hand where a no no. But... if the bipod works for you its all good and who am I to argue. :blink: