Silage time!

soreshoulder

next week i think grass not growing very well need rain. **** law says will rain when we start mowing. ah the life of a dairy farmer.

Fantastic weather here and we should have all our grass in tonight. That and the much improved price for milk has brought a slight smile to this dairy farmers face!

and they get payed well for it.

Did loads of contracting when I was younger and the money was decent but nobody around here making a fortune. We spent years and a small fortune at home keeping old machinery going before getting in contactors for silowing. It's money well spent.

OMG, this takes me back to:-

1984 when i would be rolling the pit

1985 when i was using a jack box/ rear spikes to load the pit

1986-1988 on the trailers

just the smell of it before and after, reminds me of long holidays as a teenager

Ford 5000 every time :o

OMG, this takes me back to:-

1984 when i would be rolling the pit

1985 when i was using a jack box/ rear spikes to load the pit

1986-1988 on the trailers

just the smell of it before and after, reminds me of long holidays as a teenager

Ford 5000 every time :o

Belting tractor the 5000. :o Used it as a scraper tractor, owed us nothing when it was sold.

Edited by whiskymac

I seem to have spent most of my free time on a Ford 5000 from aged 14 to 22, i remember driving a Ford 7000 with p/a steering and 'wandering' all over the road.

Did a vertical 'jack-knife' when the back doors of a silage trailer failed to open.

Kept staring at the sticker:-

"In the event of an overturn......"

I seem to have spent most of my free time on a Ford 5000 from aged 14 to 22, i remember driving a Ford 7000 with p/a steering and 'wandering' all over the road.

Did a vertical 'jack-knife' when the back doors of a silage trailer failed to open.

:o :o :o

im on a new holland 6020 a bit more modern than anything you would of driven :o :o