Which Laser Range Finder

RichPWRR

Hi

I am thinking about buying a Laser Range Finder and don't really want to spend more than about £150. I will only be using it for bunnies and other small game with my .22LR. What is the best make and model that falls within this criteria?

Any advice will me very welcome

Thanks

R

hello rich, my gf bought me a bushnell legend 1200 its brilliant. she got it online from america for half the price it was here. the only downside is that you may be unlucky if you import stuff and get duty added if they look at the parcel in customs!! she had to pay an extra 40 quid to get it released !! just remember as with everything in life you only get what you pay for. save up another 100 quid and get a good second hand one , regards dan

Whats it like on repeatability and dusk/dawn results??

Cheers

As accurate as any other and works ok in low light.

As they have small lenses its difficult to see in very low light although I have used it lamping to range reference markers/points where I know rabbits will be making an appearance :good:

As accurate as any other and works ok in low light.

As they have small lenses its difficult to see in very low light although I have used it lamping to range reference markers/points where I know rabbits will be making an appearance :good:

Seems spot on mate, never varies any more than a yard even at long ranges

Rich

Was that the 400 yard or 1000 yard unit?

I get the impression you guys think it is ok, at £90 it may well be worth a try then!!

Cheers

Was that the 400 yard or 1000 yard unit?

I get the impression you guys think it is ok, at £90 it may well be worth a try then!!

Cheers

Hi dekers,

mines the 400yd version, couldn't fault it.Accurate and a handy size to slip into your pocket.And as you say for £90 well worth a try

Rich

trouble is with most cheaper rangefinders they wont range at night. and if they do its hard to see the display inless its red led.

This was a concern of mine and a well known issue with "cheaper" units, hence why I asked the guys about Dusk/Dawn....lets face it something for £90 must fall short of a £400 unit somewhere, I assume! :blink: <_<

• 2 months later...

I have the JSR/ Gun tuff one, and it has been fine in the daytime in terms of accurate/repeatable readings. The optical quality is nothing to write home about though. However at 90 quid inc post I reckon it is a bargain.

Having got into FAC territory now I wanted something a lot better and got a Bushnell Elite which was over £300. A mate of mine is having the gun tuff one off me, otherwise I would put it in the sales section.

This was a concern of mine and a well known issue with "cheaper" units, hence why I asked the guys about Dusk/Dawn....lets face it something for £90 must fall short of a £400 unit somewhere, I assume! ;):crazy:

Optical Clarity, I have a Leica LRF 1200 scan and it could be used as a monocular the image through them is so good.

I have a Bushnell Yardage Pro to compare it to.

Now most people on a hunting website wont be taking shots beyond around 300 yards but the Leica returns results much more often than the bushnell does in and around this range

I prefer the compact nature of the bushnell and I also prefer the push button on it. Most of the time with the Leica, trying to range something far away, I'll press the button and it takes so much effort that the whole unit shakes and throws off the reading. It's fine when you are resting on top of the jeep or something but not so good when free standing and trying to range something 500 yards away.

So the Leica has much better glass and works more reliably out further away but the bushnell is easier to use and carry imho