NORTH WIN, DESTROYS THE SOUTH!!

jko

Woop woop.

What Pug was it?

As it may have been either Smig or my Dad's car. :unsure:

FM :sly:

I think it was your Dads carFerret Master I followed him for a while to try and cover him from hostile roaduser but I thought I want to get home before dark.

As he put on his flat cap and des o,connor CD and proceed to drive at 70mph on the M54 .

OK then just read Smigs post it was you.

I done my best regards OTH

Edited by Over the hill

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL SHOT FERRET MASTER, 71 WITH THAT 20G ... IMPRESSED!

Thanks to your dad for holding the brolley all day for the ref too!

It was mine Ollie....lol....Didnt see it till i got back to Mansfield....Musta looked like a right bender in my leather hat....

Top shooting with the 20 Ollie... :unsure:

Cheers chaps. :sly:

FM :good:

How very dare you :unsure:

EDIT:

Funniest one was SMIG4373 bibbing his horn (to say goodbye) as he drove past the clubhouse on the way out - I just guessed he had actually seen the magnetic sign on the back of his motor :sly:

Edited by Mungler

Dodgy Southern distraction tactics.

I think Mung got me on that stand too, planting ideas in my head that the high bird needed "a Land Rover length of lead".

We were all debating whether it was a LWB Land Rover or a SWB one, but I reckon it was about 3-4 feet :unsure:

He tricked you good, I'd be willing to bet money he meant a fictitious Lightweight Land Rover, which can be any length you like.

Wish I could have made it, but I was on 1 hour callout today. Sounds like a good do all round, Northern victory aside.

Well done to all involved, and ME in particular.

ZB

The shooting was alright, but nothing compared to the drinking session I was witness to at the premier inn!

The northerners had it in the bag before midnight Friday night :sly:

To get out of bed after that session was far more spectacular than Cat putting in a 91!

Superb day fellas, great to meet you all and Hodnet is a stunning ground.

Untill next Year...

P.S. Thanks for all the raffle prize's :unsure:

cheers guys for a cracking day out, apart from the poxy rain, a special thanks to the guys who organized it all, and cheers to the guys from the ground.

superb score in such weather cat, and an equally commendable 90 from keith in my squad, and to the guy who won the ****, dont worry mate the only way is up.

I's sitting here drying out supping the scotch i won in the raffle, so a big CHEERS to the guy who donated that,

£3500 is a superb amount of cash to be donating to GOSH, i really do hope it goes to benefit the kids who are suffering, so a big well done to all of you good folks that turned out to help.

Mung those car magnets had us laughing all the way to Coventry, where we got on the M4 for norfolk

cheers guys Mikee

Chaps & Chapettes of PW

A top day today, despite the atrocious weather conditions. Not that it affected the Northern monkeys – who were, ehem, as happy as northerners in a rainstorm.

Top marks to ME and all who helped organise the day, a brilliant effort all round.

It was nice to make some new friends today, too and thanks to the car sticker, which, when I left Hodnet, was adorning the back of the jam-jar, I also made lots of interesting new ‘friends’ on the way through Birmingham.

Matt, I've got a few phone numbers and some business opportunities for Mung - I'll PM them to you.

Lefty

Had a great day.

I was the only northener on our squad and I must say the southeners were very sympathetic to my rubbish score (A big Thanks to the guys in squad 2 for putting up with a newbie like me).

Even though Catamong was from the south :unsure: iIt was awsome to watch him shoot in our squad, as someone put it .... ' as score to aspire to'

Met some great folk

Had a great time

Thanks again to the organisers - a job well done

there was no putting up with to be done.... you showed a few of us up on a few stands!

watching Cat build his score was awsome.... well done that man.

agree with everything said so far.

met some good guys in my squad and hopefully will be meeting up soon for a little shoot.

looking forward to next year...

thought Hodnet was a lovely ground, nice setting, etc, shame about the bloody weather..... soaked to the skin by stand 2!

well done for organising Matt.

(& blimey there were some lucky **** in the raffle...!)

OK Scores are now on the doors - apologies for the slight delay. It's still a bit rough but I believe the numbers are all there.

You can currently display by name, score or team. I had hoped to include the facility to display by squad but they didn't keep any squad details. If anyone wants to send me a list of their squad members I can fairly easily add that in.

I'll tidy it up a bit and add some more stats shortly.

How very dare you :good:

EDIT:

Funniest one was SMIG4373 bibbing his horn (to say goodbye) as he drove past the clubhouse on the way out - I just guessed he had actually seen the magnetic sign on the back of his motor :yes:

:yes::yes::hmm::lol::lol:

Ooooo errrr mung.... Nah...didnt know it was there...lol.. :unsure: ..Ill remember....There's always a next time.... :lol::good::sly::good:

Top Marks....Pulled up outside ex-wifes house...shouted her out to help with some stuff out the boot and walked the round the back to find that.....She wet herself.... :lol: :yp: :o

im knackered. :unsure: Ive got a bruised shoulder like you wouldnt believe. My finers are blistered from doing raffle tickets. Im ****** off at the amount of wet gear ive got. Ive yet to clean my gun (and it still miss-fired). Ive just had to sit through a Goldie looking chain gig. My keebab is cold.........................................

But you know what...............ive had one of the best days out in many years. Not one person today got a bee in their bonnet about the weather or other things. Everbody put their hand in their pockets to make the raffle the best it could be. The banter was as if everyone had been friends for a long time. It really was a great pleasure to have met the gang today. Sorry i didnt get to speak to everone as much as i would have liked, but there will be other times. Glad i got to meet ME, Mung, Baz..etc, as they are sterling blokes, and it was great to see guys i have met before. Sorry the raffle took so long to get through, but thats what happens when you get a room full of guys who are not scared to try and do their bit for an amazing cause. Guys and Gals, I salute your efforts today. :sly:

What can I add to what's already been posted about today, **** all really, it's all been said but that wont stop me saying most of it again in no particular order of importance.

Well shot one and all especially Cat, overall & southern HG and Claybuster, northern HG.

Huge thanks to ME in particular and all those involved in making this a day to remember for so many reasons.

Meeting new people and putting faces to avatars & daft names.

The generosity of so many for such a worthy cause and what I'm sure is going to be a very impressive donation to GOSH. :unsure: :lol::sly::good:

The bloody weather, I'm sure we would have all circulated, mingled met & chatted to even more people if the sun had been shining.

Wish I'd seen, laughed and honked at the car signs on the way out.

Especial thanks to MM (or Lady Luck) as the boy (Son of Potter) and I had some very good fortune in the raffle :good:

and finally I'm with everyone who wants to do it again next year, Lands End or John O'Groats the boy & I will be there, God Willing

Brilliant day, brilliant people.

Mr Potter

Looks like you picked the wrong team :lol::good:

What I wont to know is which team did the sweep stake winner come from :good::yes:

Because a 104 margin was a good call unless your from down south then you must have been on the wacky backy :sly:

Jon H won the sweep think he had number north 97? what did yer missus think Jon, coming home with a bottle whisky, a gimp 'thing' and a rather large bra :hmm: shooting indeed eh??

We had a number of turn coats today, Southerners going for big northern wins on the sweep, like north by 23, 59, 70 + 82 :unsure: we won't mention any names though will we? :yes::yes:

Average score comes in quite close :good:

Numpties: 61.05

Softies: 59.25

Edited by Paul223

Good to see everyone today and well shot one and all :lol:

Matt and co sterling job in organising it - an unenviable task and not one that many would have managed. Top drawer :good: :unsure:

Cat, well shot. 91 was excellent, if you keep listening to my advice you will be a decent shot one day :good::yes:

Chard, good work as captain (not that I voted for you :sly: ). Enjoy the trophy - it's the only way you will get one! :hmm::yes:

To all the southerners - yah, boo, sucks to you, na na nana naaaa! :yes:

(******* driven birds :good: )

and to the guy who won the ****, dont worry mate the only way is up.

It's got to be said that our Ainsley had to go off to another engagement after about 5 stands or so :unsure: :sly::good:

So his "Crepe Shot" trophy for scoring 19 might have been a little harsh. :good:

:lol::yes::good:

Good to see everyone today and well shot one and all :good:

Matt and co sterling job in organising it - an unenviable task and not one that many would have managed. Top drawer :yes: :unsure:

Cat, well shot. 91 was excellent, if you keep listening to my advice you will be a decent shot one day :yes::yes:

Chard, good work as captain (not that I voted for you :sly: ). Enjoy the trophy - it's the only way you will get one! :lol::hmm:

To all the southerners - yah, boo, sucks to you, na na nana naaaa! :lol:

(******* driven birds :good: )

******* students :lol:

I think it must have been skeet when you got 94 at the ******* Student Beer Fest Clay Shoot :good: