Sunday Coniston Shoot.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish i done the same now :lol: still i have MR P in my sights :lol:

Wouldn't worry too much about me Rob, I've had a recent run of form but I've had those in the past, they don't last long, well never long enough to get me into AA class!!

Thinking about it I'm sure I could get into that coveted class by just shooting only one or two selected grounds for a year, I'm thinking Kingsley Moor & Kegworth. I'm not saying they are easy but they must suit me I always feel I shoot quite well there or I could get to shoot mid 80's there regularly.

Problem is that I like to travel around and shoot different grounds, if it wasn't for the price of fuel I would travel even further south (Kegworth is about a 175 mile round trip!) The true players will have shot an absolute minimum of 2000 clays (20 x 100 birders) at, a t least, 8+ grounds. It would be possible to shoot that number at just 2 grounds in 5 months and you should really know were they are coming from if you do!

If you look at the cpsd.co.uk website you can check the rankings of shooters in all disciplines by county, if you check a couple at random there are a shooters in the top ten who have only shot 1 or possibly 2 shoots. This is more obvious in some of the less popular disciplines like FITASC & Sportrap so you get a reasonable shooter puts one really good score at an "easy" shoot and he/she appears higher up the ranking than a guy/girl who shoots 10 shoots at many different grounds of varying degrees of difficulty, who's the best/better shooter??

Here endeth the ramblings of a madman ???:D

So you have got much more serious competition than me mate (unfortunately) The boy has dropped down from AA as has my regular shooting partner Mark and both of them are capable of giving any HG a run for their money when they're on song. Makes it sound if I'm trying to put you off and honest to God I'm not, I know you've not been shooting competitive clays for long and you shoot really well but as I have found over too many years to remember, the higher up the pile you climb the harder it gets. but by God does it feel good when you win :good::good::lol:

Oh and to get back on topic, Yes I'll be at Coniston on Sunday.

Mr Potter

Wouldn't worry too much about me Rob, I've had a recent run of form but I've had those in the past, they don't last long, well never long enough to get me into AA class!!

Thinking about it I'm sure I could get into that coveted class by just shooting only one or two selected grounds for a year, I'm thinking Kingsley Moor & Kegworth. I'm not saying they are easy but they must suit me I always feel I shoot quite well there or I could get to shoot mid 80's there regularly.

Problem is that I like to travel around and shoot different grounds, if it wasn't for the price of fuel I would travel even further south (Kegworth is about a 175 mile round trip!) The true players will have shot an absolute minimum of 2000 clays (20 x 100 birders) at, a t least, 8+ grounds. It would be possible to shoot that number at just 2 grounds in 5 months and you should really know were they are coming from if you do!

If you look at the cpsd.co.uk website you can check the rankings of shooters in all disciplines by county, if you check a couple at random there are a shooters in the top ten who have only shot 1 or possibly 2 shoots. This is more obvious in some of the less popular disciplines like FITASC & Sportrap so you get a reasonable shooter puts one really good score at an "easy" shoot and he/she appears higher up the ranking than a guy/girl who shoots 10 shoots at many different grounds of varying degrees of difficulty, who's the best/better shooter??

Here endeth the ramblings of a madman ???:D

So you have got much more serious competition than me mate (unfortunately) The boy has dropped down from AA as has my regular shooting partner Mark and both of them are capable of giving any HG a run for their money when they're on song. Makes it sound if I'm trying to put you off and honest to God I'm not, I know you've not been shooting competitive clays for long and you shoot really well but as I have found over too many years to remember, the higher up the pile you climb the harder it gets. but by God does it feel good when you win :good::good::lol:

Oh and to get back on topic, Yes I'll be at Coniston on Sunday.

Mr Potter

Well said chap :lol:

A and AA classes are full of the Kingsley/Shugborough shufflers :lol:

I've got 8 different grounds in my current listing, plus Catton Hall, Hepworth Hall, The Fennes and Worsley, and although the scores are ****, I'd rather have a broader experience base than climb the ranks artificially quickly. :lol:

I was surprised to see Mark and "the boy" drop to A, they always seem to be whacking them whenever I see them :lol:

Edited by Chard

Might only have four grounds on the current listing but remember im paying for two of us and some times cost get in the way :angry:

Im not willing to travell 2 or 3 hours to a shoot as there's no enjoyment in that for me and the only person im shooting against is me as long as i keep climbing and learning im happy :(

I will be shooting a club shoot sunday :lol:

Shoot straight all :lol:

1900 birds at 12 grounds for me. Some decent scores and some disasters. :lol: ......... :lol:

5500 birds and 17 grounds not all of them successful because I always think you shoot about 10% below average at a new ground. Also if you shoot every week your going to get days like last sunday when its blowing a gale :angry: :(

According to my all-knowing spreadsheet, my average round trip is about 240 miles. Only 6 of those 19 shoots were less than 100 miles and 3 were within 50 miles. Bonkers.

And now it's not worth dragging your rustbucket Blowning down to the local farmers haybale :angry:

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:(

Quite a few Grounds and alot of miles and carts fired :o

Also plenty of Cups of tea drunk. I shall have to draw up one of these "Spread sheets" and work out some sort of order to it.

Allways a nice Cup at Doveridge :wub:

Worst has to be the Fens :yes: Rat p**** :good:

Although to be fair I have never had a good cup of tea past Birmingham.

And now it's not worth dragging your rustbucket Blowning down to the local farmers haybale :good:

:yes:

My AA class rustbucket Blowning hits more than your B class toy Berettarrrrr! :wub:

My AA class rustbucket Blowning hits more than your B class toy Berettarrrrr! :P

:yes::wub: :o :o :o

******* students. I'll have you know my toy Beretta is on the up :good:

I'll be up there in AA Class before you can say "Where's my ******* student discount?"

I am going :oops: this time I am not going to drive past blindly following my sat nav and end up in some field lol....

what time you getting there for Mr Chard and Ms Anni ?

Not sure yet Timps me old sock :blush:

I was going to drive, but my Mrs has requisitioned the car for house viewing now (we've sold our house :lol: )

So I don't know what's occurring now :hmm:

Not sure yet Timps me old sock :blush:

I was going to drive, but my Mrs has requisitioned the car for house viewing now (we've sold our house :lol: )

So I don't know what's occurring now :lol:

Oh dear Chard can't drive :lol::lol::lol: ............................................... :lol:

I think NickyT mentioned he could drive us.........Other than that I can take one in me van as my Mrs has also requisitioned the car :hmm:

So that might be Occuring :lol:

What ever happens I'm gona Kegworth the place :oops: Thats my new turn of phrase now for any ground I'm going to steam roller.

No longer is Kegworth a word for fear and failure :lol:

Edited by Anni