FEO visit

Now forgive me if im wrong, but part off the reason for the visit is to look at the security in place, ie the cabinet, its certainly this way over here. :good:

I agree, I was told that if I believed I'd get my cert (and I had no reason to think otherwise), then I should have the cabinet there and ready for inspection. He'll only have to come back again to do this before you get your cert.

If you feel your application might struggle then fair enough but if you have a clear medical and criminal history, there's no reason to delay.

I also agree. My FEO visit was only a few months ago (South Yorkshire) and he advised me to have the cabinet ready for inspection. I was also asked to have the fittings I intended to use to secure it ready. If not, then he has to come back and check them over when you do have them, and that just slows your application down.

I'd be off out this weekend getting a cabinet sorted if I were you!

I had some minor issues, that I won't go into here, before getting my SGC restored. When my FEO phoned to arrange the visit he said that he would come and interview me and, if everything was OK then he would note my SGC to be delivered by hand and check my cabinet then.

He came and did the interview then I got and installed the cabinet. He then called todeliver my SGC. He checked my cabinet then handed me my SGC.

Give your FEO a call if you're not sure. :good:

i wasn't sure on the best location for a cabinet so where it says about cabinet location on the form i just put ' waiting for advice from FLO' when she came out she had a look and suggested the best place. i fitted the cabinet the next day and phoned her on her mobile. she came 20 minutes later and ok'ed it. 2 weeks later the ticket was on the mat.

You've done nothing wrong that will count against you in any way. The worst case is it costs you a few more days/weeks - but what's that for a lifetime of shotgun shooting?!

I purchased my cabinet before the visit but didn't fix it as I needed to discuss/agree where and how to fit to my timber frame/brick clad (ie modern construction methods). He was happy with that and my SGC arrived 2 weeks later. He only called again once I had bought a gun to check and confirm that I had done what we agreed.

Some may feel that purchasing the cabinet first may show more commitment to security - but I don't think so really.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Steve

i spoke to feo when i was chaseing up my aplication and asked if i should have the cabinet before he visits and he said to wait till after his visit i have had a few brushes with the law in the past but am hopeing its so he can assess the security and advise me of best positioning rather than decline my application.

would i still get a visit if my application was going to be declined or would i have just been informed over the phone?

2 days till visit getting nervous now that im stuck to grounds with an exemption cert and the use of club guns dieing to get a 32" with good fit

i spoke to feo when i was chaseing up my aplication and asked if i should have the cabinet before he visits and he said to wait till after his visit i have had a few brushes with the law in the past but am hopeing its so he can assess the security and advise me of best positioning rather than decline my application.

would i still get a visit if my application was going to be declined or would i have just been informed over the phone?

2 days till visit getting nervous now that im stuck to grounds with an exemption cert and the use of club guns dieing to get a 32" with good fit

Unless you did 3 months or more jug and it's more than five years ago then I wouldn't worry too much.

Despite recent events-the Police need a really good reason not to issue you with a cert.Unless you've been a really norty boy and done porridge i wouldnt worry.New applications often get put to one side when they're dealing with a high intake of renewals so just sit tight and wait.

• 8 years later...
7 hours ago, Jonathon said:

Just wondering did they grant you your certificate? I’m going through the process of getting mine just now. 

Seeing as MrBritish hasn’t logged on since 2012 then I feel you might be waiting a long time for a reply.

If your asking as you also have some ‘background’ that your worries about then search for some more recent postings as there is most certainly one not too long ago.

9 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Seeing as MrBritish hasn’t logged on since 2012 then I feel you might be waiting a long time for a reply.

If your asking as you also have some ‘background’ that your worries about then search for some more recent postings as there is most certainly one not too long ago.

Thanks will do. 

I had my home vist and interview before I had fitted a cabinet, with no issue, I am also under Kent police. My FEO is Mr Richard Gould all went well and license issued and delivered by hand so cabinet coud be inspected.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 just seen the date........