Well at lest the dog can swim.

SNAKEBITE

Thursday night the dog comes bounding up the stairs. The daughter had just had a bath and the dog goes dashing in the bathroom and launches himself into the bath where he spends the next 10 minutes swimming lengths.

He was most upset when we dragged him out and dried him off.

When ever he goes upstairs now it is strraight in the bathroom to see if there is any water in the bath!

Anyone else have this "trouble"?

It get worse!,

I let him out in the garden last night when suddenly there is a load of barking, howling and god knows what else going on. At first we thought he was been attacked by a fox. The wife rushed out with the torch and finds the bloody dog under the shed trying to eat a hedgehog! He is biting it, yelping when it hurts, barking and biting it agan! Stupid animal.

Anyway we get him back in doors and the hedgehog scurries off completely unharmed (luckily).

• 2 weeks later...

well, i've got four newfoundlands. all fond of water (not surprisingly). hence a gate preventing them from being anywhere but the kitchen. having four newfs running up the stairs like a herd of elephants, all wanting to join you in an average sized bath..... is an experience i wouldnt want to put anyone through *shudder*

oh, and a newfoundland when chasing its tail, requires a LOT of space. its like a class 1 wagon doing a donut! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...