Air Arms XM100

Peter_HMR

Hi I've just gotten a XM100 Airarms air rifle from a friend. I've heard lots about air rifles before but never have used one would someone be able to go through the basics.

I have a bottle with it as well what pressure does this need to be filled to he mentioned 200bar which is an extraordinary pressure but he seemed sure I though it might be PSI but again I'm not certain.

What pressure will the gun be most acurrate at and what sort of range would I be looking at the calibre is 0.177. The gun is irish and requires a license so I imagine its not restricted to the UK 12 lb/ft.

I have a .17HMR and wouldn't dream of shooting it up in the air but whats teh deal with air rifles obviously they're stil quite powerful and the end result is still a .17 piece of lead flying through the air and not knowing exactly where its going to land btu the air rifle would be very handy for shooting short range birds in tress/sheds etc.

Any other safety precution that should be taken I know its alot more prone to ricochets than the HMR.