summer bisley meeting

dunganick

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're on the short siberia you get the bullets from the long whistling past your right ear :lol:

I would come but all my rifles take 2-3 minutes to reload if I want to hit the target, I think I'd be in the way :*)

nonsense

come along, we have 2 lanes for a whole day, so there will be pleanty of room.

will add some intrest to it.

zero range :lol:

50yards?

personally i always zero centerfires at 100 yards, just setting them up 1 inch high.

im open to suggestions, if there is a 50yard rimfire lane i was not aware of i would be quite keen to book a morning on it, becuase i havent had my gun on a bench for several months, and want to check what floating the barrel has done to the accuracy.

that should be easy to organise at the NSRA also at bisley. it is a 50 yrd range with electric targets. so where the bullet is placed on the target is shown on a screen next to your lane. i think that is only in the prone but there is also an indoor range where it is simple paper targets but i think you can use a bench on that range.

the zero range is for fullbore only and uses special targets that use the drop of the bullet to show if it is zeroed.

flash

the nsrc is down near the airgun range isnt it.

as soon as you get through the entrance theres a building straight infront of you that basically slaps you in the face,cause it is so ugly from the view. it looks like a jail because all you can see is a big concrete wall. its called the NSRA and you need to take the signs to the lord roberts centre. and then your there. dont listen to your first impressions, as the first time i went there i saw a group of blokes in bandanas and baggy clothes and big bags and i first thought it was a yardy training centre.

theres also a shop in there that sells ammo.

flash

the one down by the airgun range is the timelimit range, which i dont think is 50yards, but it does have running boar, and now has the self marking system setup on it.

may be worth doing if enough people are intrested, but could well be booked.

how much is a session in the indoor centre? have you ever had trouble booking it on a saterday?

difficulty really depends on wether there is a competition on, me and my dad generally just turn up on the day as we are none members and speak nicely and they generally let you use it for an hour or so for £5 to £10, depending on wether they are in a good mood.you may be able to pre book but we have never tried.

the running boor would be quite fun with a semi auto :thumbs: :wacko:

flash

If you're on the short siberia you get the bullets from the long whistling past your right ear :thumbs:

I would come but all my rifles take 2-3 minutes to reload if I want to hit the target, I think I'd be in the way :*)

nonsense

The old guns certainly facsinate me snotty :wacko:

Ive

If you're on the short siberia you get the bullets from the long whistling past your right ear :thumbs:

nonsense

The old guns certainly facsinate me snotty :wacko:

Ive

see you have to come now snotty :wacko:

people who have said they are intrested;

-dunganick

-dunganick' dad

-LB

-stuartp

-flash

-flash's dad

-sussex lad

-martinCavie

-country est

-axe (if he can make it)

-Seargant Bang

-BlackThorn

-deadeye ive

-wookie

-teal

-Lamber

-Lambers friend Mat

Browning GTS

apbuild £££££

-Edd

- Snotty

please confirm with me over PM if you can make it assuming i can book the 5th of Aug, if you can then i will mark it on this list                green name indicates you have contacted me and can make it if i can book the 5th of Aug.

okay, the time has come to get deposits sorted.

the deposit will be £10

£5.20 will be used from this to pay for ranges on the day.

£4.80 will be returned to you if/when you turn up on the day.

if you dont turn up, it will either go towards range fee's or beer :wacko: or j20 in my case :thumbs:

the people who's names are green, (have confirmed they can come) i will PM tomorrow with details of where to send the deposit and who to address it to.

if you have not showed intrest yet, or your PM has slipped my attention and your name is not green, let me know.

i would preffer if the deposits were cheaques as they are easier to identify, but cash is also fine. but it is your own choice if you send cash through the post.

every evening, once a deposit arrives, i will update the list and put £££££ next to your name, this will show i have recieved the money. if there is a problem with bouncing cheaques etc... i will contact you individually.

for now apbuild has jumped the gun, as i was chatting to him the other day.

for now i am not organising clays, unless i find a way to get the price down. i am still open to idea's on this aspect.

Edited by dunganick

well if you want to come theres pleanty of room.

PM me if you do.

updated the list again.

one thign i need to ask is this.....what members have rifles? as by the looks of it we have a number of members without rifles. as long as we have enough rifles between us all that we can get soem shooting for everyone, this should be fine.

if you could just post if you have rifles and/or are willing to let others have supervised goes of them.

i cant garentee my dad being there due to him being in the armed forces and he may be going to afghanistan or somewhere like that this year, if he is here he would be willing to let some people have a go on his rifles if he still has them, but there would be a limit on the quantity of ammo used due to expense.

flash