BASC calls on shooters to lobby MPs. Press release.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has just gone to 30 SGC/FAC holders and those who've grown up with countryside sports. (not sure about the Cameron SGC holder Stuff, but hey ho!)

As Mr Tesco would say - "every little helps"

All,

Whilst the events in Cumbria were tragic, the spotlight will come to rest firmly on those of us who hold shotguns and rifles legitimately, ironically, as did Derrick Bird. In the past, both Dunblane and Hungerford have had a significant impact on gun sports in this country. Whilst process is in place, we cannot, as a country, legislate for the one mentally unstable man.

Unfortunately, given the usual knee jerk reaction (even though Mr Cameron is a shotgun certificate holder) the government will come under increased pressure to tighten even further, the legislation on gun ownership.

I have included some pro-guns sports people on this mail who are either getting into the sport or have been bought up with guns and appreciate the safety, care, and knowledge in which they are handled.

I urge you to complete this small action and email your MP from the link below to support our sport.

Thanks you and regards

Alistair

http://politics.basc.org.uk/

To get the email template and just fill in the relevant details, please follow this link.

http://campaign.publicaffairsbriefing.co.u...53-490c7e6ead7e

Immediate reply received from Bob Ainsworth who would like to meet and discus the local shooting facilites etc etc - I have passed that on to the BASC who I hope will assist me in the politics of such a meet. Even though he is the ex-Defence Minister he still has a lot of influence.