New Gun

crisis500

All,

I recently bought this gun from a local dealer and I'm trying to get an idea of the value/age. It also has a fault with the slidable manual safely switch, it has the option to control which barrel fires first. However when its slide to the left it fires one round and then opens the chamber. If this a common fault?

If it helps it takes Beretta chokes

Thanks

post-8479-1276191426.jpg

post-8479-1276191489.jpg

post-8479-1276191523.jpg

Is that your Bettinsoli? :hmm: a gunsmith i know says they're usually lots of trouble, not selecting second shot, then double discharging, this is a new one to me, sounds like someone has had a fiddle in there and made it worse. get it back to the shop mate.

Yes it is, whys that?

Yeah your right it could be dangerous the dealers aware of it. Its fine when you use it with the switch to the right.

All,

I recently bought this gun from a local dealer and I'm trying to get an idea of the value/age. It also has a fault with the slidable manual safely switch, it has the option to control which barrel fires first. However when its slide to the left it fires one round and then opens the chamber. If this a common fault?

If it helps it takes Beretta chokes

Thanks

Take it back and get your money back,

It looks like Bettinsoli to me my mate had a new one but had nothing but trouble with it and got rid of it.

Yes it is, whys that?

Yeah your right it could be dangerous the dealers aware of it. Its fine when you use it with the switch to the right.

If its a recent purchase as you say,and you think it could be dangerous,and the dealer is aware of this why did he sell it to you?and why did you buy it in this condition?

Im not been funny mate,but i would take it back to the dealer,it needs to be fit for purpose(IE SAFE) get it back before something nasty happens :hmm: BB

I have a bettonsoli as my back up gun,and ive never had a problem with mine,guess i got a good one :hmm:

Edited by Bluebarrels

If its a recent purchase as you say,and you think it could be dangerous,and the dealer is aware of this why did he sell it to you?and why did you buy it in this condition?

Im not been funny mate,but i would take it back to the dealer,it needs to be fit for purpose(IE SAFE) get it back before something nasty happens :hmm: BB

I have a bettonsoli as my back up gun,and ive never had a problem with mine,guess i got a good one :hmm:

Its a recent purchase your right, but a more recent fault. He didnt sell it knowing about its condition(i hope) but has had a message passed on to him at a recent clay shoot.

Its a recent purchase your right, but a more recent fault. He didnt sell it knowing about its condition(i hope) but has had a message passed on to him at a recent clay shoot.

Well mate i would get it checked out,for your own peace of mind,and safety :hmm: good luck and let us know how you get on :hmm::hmm: BB

and if hes a decent dealer the least he can do is get it checked for you :hmm:

Well mate i would get it checked out,for your own peace of mind,and safety :hmm: good luck and let us know how you get on :hmm::hmm: BB

and if hes a decent dealer the least he can do is get it checked for you :hmm:

Will do he had an on site gun smith now so shouldn't be a problem. Its got a warranty for a few months.

Edited by crisis500

• 1 month later...
Lovely looking gun but get it checked out and sorted mate.ATB. :lol:

Update- the gun went back to the shop and they replaced the top spring. He's now convinced it's fixed however he did say if it doesn't work with you then I'll have to change it for a like for like. (doesn't feel me with confidents)

The gun is a Bettinsoli Premier o/u 12 bore I don't know how old it is but I have been told it can be aged by the fact it takes Beretta chokes.

Any idea how old it is or what would be a suitable replacement?

my mates Bettinsoli has exactly same problem and he has taken it back 3 times now and they still cant fix it, i suspect gunsmith is changing cheap parts on it first before he tackles more expensive bits.

i would get rid if i were you. exchange it for anything in similar price range, not sure what they are worth really but something like Lanber would be better and safer

Hi dont mean to confuse but this looks like an older model LINCOLN PREMIER :lol:

:good: forgot to mention the beretta chokes might screw in but whether or not

they seat properly is another kettle of fish, I would be very careful as Ive seen

the blown barrel ends when people swop them about :)

Edited by fluke2

Hi dont mean to confuse but this looks like an older model LINCOLN PREMIER :hmm:

:lol: forgot to mention the beretta chokes might screw in but whether or not

they seat properly is another kettle of fish, I would be very careful as Ive seen

the blown barrel ends when people swop them about :yes:

That does confuse matters but it does have Bettinsoli stamped on it. Yeah so i have heard on this ocassion the gun smith put them in so i "assumed" its safe to fire. Saying that though its been back twice where its not been fixed correctly.

Previous response- Its had its top spring changed now which seems to have resolved it its had about 50 rounds thought it with no problems at all. Fingers crossed the issues are resolved!

The thing that makes me worried about these posts is that the dealer took in a used gun, has a gunsmith on site yet did not have it checked over? then sold it on not knowing if it was safe?

The gun looks nice do not get me wrong but I would rather have an ugly gun that is safe then have my face taken off when the chamber opens during the firing cycle,,,,,,

Just my opinion but I would get rid myself.

The thing that makes me worried about these posts is that the dealer took in a used gun, has a gunsmith on site yet did not have it checked over? then sold it on not knowing if it was safe?

The gun looks nice do not get me wrong but I would rather have an ugly gun that is safe then have my face taken off when the chamber opens during the firing cycle,,,,,,

Just my opinion but I would get rid myself.

Thanks for all your help, since then the guns failed again so after swearing alot its going back to the shop to be swapped for something else.

Maidment78- Completely agree, i cant believe they can continue to let that gun leave the shop when its dangerous to use.

Sounds like he has a number of guns on site which he's willing to swap, can anyone help me with what would be a reasonible exchange?

• 2 weeks later...
I believe it was offered for sale at £325 and i paid £300.

Lanber winning so far!

Problem resolved they had a second hand Beretta O/U which i couldnt say no to. Wasn't overly happy with handing over the additional money under the circumstances but looking at the postive i've managed to get a much better gun in 2 installments lets hope I don't have any problems with this one.

And believe it or not the orginial gun worked perfectly out the back of the shop.

post-8479-1281963171.jpg