4X4 MPG

pavman

My ten year old Terrano gets high 20's as long as I don't boot it everywhere, shame diesel is so expensive these days.

I dream of high 20's, my Terrano is the 2.4i extreme model (petrol) 20 mpg is the average around 22 on long runs....... don't ask what it does around the fields cos the first time I did it I thought I must have caught the tank and holed it!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get 24mpg from my Series IIA with petrol and 23mpg on gas. I only use the petrol in winter to start it, as she just will not start on gas.

how odd my 101 starts fine on gas in winter with no choke etc but will not have it in summer have to use liquid gold to start it first

then again it is a V8 and a Land Rover so what can you expect when you own one of the finest off roaders in the world that also happen to be the most tempremental beasts (apart from women) that were ever invented

bought the shogun 2.5td off blackbart last year has always started good but has been a thirsty beggar from day one 18/19 mpg then last week i changed the timing belt and the balance shaft belt on her when i timed her up before removing the old belts the pump was a couple of teeth out .

so now thats corrected and ive reset the pump she now starts even better and has gone upto about 28mpg so now even happier with it

• 1 month later...
I get 24mpg from my Series IIA with petrol and 23mpg on gas. I only use the petrol in winter to start it, as she just will not start on gas.

how odd my 101 starts fine on gas in winter with no choke etc but will not have it in summer have to use liquid gold to start it first

then again it is a V8 and a Land Rover so what can you expect when you own one of the finest off roaders in the world that also happen to be the most tempremental beasts (apart from women) that were ever invented

Exactly. Just driving a 101 would be more than your money's worth in petrol - amazing bits of kit.

• 1 month later...

Grand cherokee V8 4.7litre, if i worried about mpg i wouldnt own it,

But for anyone who is interested i get between 150 to 200 miles on £40 of LPG (65 litres), the 200miles was towing a 1100kg caravan whilst going away a few weeks ago. but around town 150/170 miles max.