BASC/shooting organisation Car Stickers

:yes: ,sparked a rant there,must learn to be more careful in future ???

I will not stick BASC stickers in my 4x4 as it will not get me any money unlike my builders van which is covered in em,you are contributing to basc by insuring with them,you are advertising the company basc by sticking one on your window ;) ,good business sense for them.

Having been directly told my suffolk fire arms unit official NOT to put them in the windows because of possible theft,i have taken said advise,it will only take one insurance company to realise that more than one motor has been broken into in a search for guns for them to figure not to pay out because you advertised that you go shooting and may have £100s or£1000s worth of goodies in there for all insurances to go up or the law to insist on safes in cars.

As for the personal attacks,there is no need for that,we are having a discussion on someones thread about stickers for gods sake,and all above posts have differing views,my security measures are sound so you dont need to worry :lol:

Interestingly I was told the same thing when I got my cert. from Suffolk, that they would take a very dim view on stolen guns, whether from the vehicle or the house if the vehicle was adorned with shooting stickers e.g. BASC. They must have sent a memo around the department or something...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the same time there should not be discrimination on showing that we support shooting or hunting organisation. Target shooting and hunting are perfectly legitimate activities, not illegal seedy ones like prostitution and drug smuggling.

Why are we being put in the same category as these "lovely" members of society. Soon in the uk the word "gun owner" will become a cuss word.

I think it's the same issue as with football stickers. Feel free to put a Manchester United sticker on your car but if some crazy Liverpool or other London club fans go past it expect your car to come in for some grief. The same can be said for the shooting, so if you stick a shooting sticker on your car window expect trouble.

I wasn't aware manchester, liverpool and london were the same city :yes:???

Personally, I have got my BASC sticker on display in my motor because I am proud of doing what I do and am proud of what BASC do for us, what's the issue with 'free advertising'. Its times like recently in cumbria we need these big companies behind us!

Edited by SSS

I'd like to put the BASC sticker in my car but as it's left in very quiet farm tracks/lanes during the Wildfowling season, and the fact that we sometimes recieve sideways glances form walkers who we occasinally bump into I don't bother. Most people i've met have a chat and are familiar with shooting on the foreshore/are interested and happy with it......others obviously don't agree with it, which is fair enough but I sometimes get the feeling the odd window smash/key up side of car might happen if they could identify a car belonging to 'one of us'

Edited by ziplex

Got them on my car and don't give it a second thought. 95% of people i know who don't shoot haven't got a clue who or what BASC is and the other 5% when they see the sticker think its something along the lines of the RSPCA :yes:

I'd love an anti to smash my car up, if i catch then in the act i can restrain them using 'reasonable' force ??? and if not the Police can catch them and lock them up, win win, the insurance company can do the rest.

Mark

I've never used my car sticker, because I do believe it attracts unwanted attention.

There was a cable company van in our street yesterday, that was sign written advertising a very rare commodity around here VIRGIN I looked inside, as usual , none to be found. :hmm:

IMHO I think that most people dont have a clue what BASC is so i wont have a problem puttinga sticker in my car (when i can drive)

And anyway most of the time when your car is unattended wont you have your guns with you or they wont be in the car. Like when your out shooting or your car is parked where ever you keep it?

HARRIS

Thanks for adding a little bit of humour to the thread :yp:

lol, if only I was joking.

There have been alot of firearms and ammunition thefts from legal holders, by those that want to keep the pot boiling over here.

My personal liking is to let as few people as possible know I have firearms or even an association with them.

Have any of you heard of a group called PETA, or Hunt sabs, well if you have heard of these then they have heard of BASC

I havent heard of many of these,but I found these just googling anti hunt organisations,quite a few are not uk based but will influence those that practice anti hunting and its practices,ALF is well regarded as being frontline, going to the extreme of using explosives and even petrol bombing,peoples livelihoods and houses.

so just beware and take note,

Animal rights organizations

AnimaNaturalis

(ASPCA against animal cruelty)

Animal Aid (UK)

Animal Defense League (ADL)

Animal Equality

Animal Liberation Leagues

Animal Liberation Press Office

Animal Rights Organization Fauna

Anonymous for Animal Rights

Beauty Without Cruelty

Center on Animal Liberation Affairs (CALA)

Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade (CAFT)

Compassion Over Killing (COK)

Equanimal

Friends of Animals (FoA)

Group for the education of animal related issues(GEARI)

In Defense of Animals (IDA)

International Primate Protection League (IPPL)

Libera!

Massachusetts Animal Rights Coalition (MARC)

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society

Southern Animal Rights Coalition (SARC)

Western Animal Rights Network (WARN)

World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA)

Uncaged Campaigns

[edit] Movements/campaigns focused on animal testing

[edit] Ongoing movements/campaigns

Americans For Medical Advancement

British Union for the Abolition of Vivisection (BUAV)

Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing (CAAT)

Dr Hadwen Trust

Great Ape Project

National Anti-Vivisection Society (NAVS)

Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM)

Primate Freedom Project

Rocky Mountain Animal Defense

SPEAK

Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty (SHAC)

Stop Sequani Animal Testing (SSAT)

Stop Wickham Animal Testing (SWAT)

[edit] Historical campaigns

Consort Beagles Campaign

Save the Goats

Save the Hill Grove Cats

Save the Newchurch Guinea Pigs

Save the Shamrock Monkeys

[edit] Groups focused on bloodsports

CAS International

Hunt Saboteurs Association (HSA)

[edit] Vegan/vegetarian-oriented groups

Movement for Compassionate Living (MCL)

Vegan Outreach

Vegan Society

Vegetarian Society

Vegetarians' International Voice for Animals (Viva!)

Veggies Catering Campaign

Ulove! The United Liberation of Vegetarian Ethics (Ulove

Bring them on I say. :unsure: I am not about to be scared by anybody egaging in a perfectly legal past time of shooting. if they try anything then they will just be digging themselves in a big hole since they will get prosecuted.

I completely agree :unsure: :blink:

Have any of you heard of a group called PETA, or Hunt sabs, well if you have heard of these then they have heard of BASC

I havent heard of many of these,but I found these just googling anti hunt organisations,quite a few are not uk based but will influence those that practice anti hunting and its practices,ALF is well regarded as being frontline, going to the extreme of using explosives and even petrol bombing,peoples livelihoods and houses.

so just beware and take note,

Animal rights organizations

AnimaNaturalis

(ASPCA against animal cruelty)

Animal Aid (UK)

Animal Defense League (ADL)

Animal Equality

Animal Liberation Leagues

Animal Liberation Press Office

Animal Rights Organization Fauna

Anonymous for Animal Rights

Beauty Without Cruelty

Center on Animal Liberation Affairs (CALA)

Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade (CAFT)

Compassion Over Killing (COK)

Equanimal

Friends of Animals (FoA)

Group for the education of animal related issues(GEARI)

In Defense of Animals (IDA)

International Primate Protection League (IPPL)

Libera!

Massachusetts Animal Rights Coalition (MARC)

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society

Southern Animal Rights Coalition (SARC)

Western Animal Rights Network (WARN)

World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA)

Uncaged Campaigns

[edit] Movements/campaigns focused on animal testing

[edit] Ongoing movements/campaigns

Americans For Medical Advancement

British Union for the Abolition of Vivisection (BUAV)

Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing (CAAT)

Dr Hadwen Trust

Great Ape Project

National Anti-Vivisection Society (NAVS)

Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM)

Primate Freedom Project

Rocky Mountain Animal Defense

SPEAK

Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty (SHAC)

Stop Sequani Animal Testing (SSAT)

Stop Wickham Animal Testing (SWAT)

[edit] Historical campaigns

Consort Beagles Campaign

Save the Goats

Save the Hill Grove Cats

Save the Newchurch Guinea Pigs

Save the Shamrock Monkeys

[edit] Groups focused on bloodsports

CAS International

Hunt Saboteurs Association (HSA)

[edit] Vegan/vegetarian-oriented groups

Movement for Compassionate Living (MCL)

Vegan Outreach

Vegan Society

Vegetarian Society

Vegetarians' International Voice for Animals (Viva!)

Veggies Catering Campaign

Ulove! The United Liberation of Vegetarian Ethics (Ulove

If ever the phrase 'know your enemy' were true!!

Just had a look at the HSA website and it's unbelievable that grown adults can have such stupid and vigilante ideas about the countryside! To my understanding it's nothing more than organised crime (tresspass, vandalism, harrassment......) so how on earth are they allowed to operate!

Absolute Scum!!

I am proud to be a member of BASC and even prouder that I shoot. My original post was regarding the security issue of having a BASC sticker in the car window e.g. having it parked outside the house advertising that a gun owner lives in the house. But this is probably just me being paranoid.

Having been confronted by many of these gutter rats,over the last 30yrs, I know what extremes that they will stoop to,Anyone with any sense will take on board what I am ststing here,however for those people who choose not to listen, then so be it.I can only concur with super major and his post.

a large price to pay for a small sticker.

I have been involved in countryside persuits for well over 30 yrs, shooting, ferreting, coursing etc.. and I know my enemy quite well.

Thank heavens I live in a beautiful rural part of the UK where most people hunt, shoot or fish and are proud to display pro hunting and shooting stickers on their vehicles.

I've had a field sports sticker on my car since the 1960's and I don't intend to stop now.

• 9 years later...