baikal,lanber aya - any good?

wickerman_1969

baikal have an unfair reputation, they do what it says on the box, they are very cheap, very agricultural, but dont cost a whole lot.

graunted the ejectors do go wrong on some models, but what do you expect for the money. also remington market a baikal as one of their own, so they cant be that bad.

out of your choices i would recomend the lanber of aya, but they are two very different beasts. the lanbers are quite nicely built (wood fit isnt great), but they function very nicely, and are generally a very good starter gun.

the aya is a fine work horse, the are very nicely built, a little expensive in their time when new, but are now reasonably cheap.

personally i would go for a lanber, spares are mostly shared with the current model, and they make a very nice o/u

wickerman_1969 personally I would go for the AYA. Great wee guns. My first 2 guns were AYA I think #3s, They were great. My 28" side-by-side took shot at incredible ranges. Most of the foxes I have every killed in the early days was with that gun. The best kill was about 70-80 yrds. It seems far out there but that was the distance. When I touched him with the gun he snapped the barrel but he wasn't going anywhere.

Wouldn't take that shot today but hey!!!

Bakials? in my experience kick like a horse. Lamber only ever shot a couple. there are not for me.

My mate had a AYA 25 sidelock game gun with 2 cyclinder barrels. You could not miss with it. If I had a £ for ever bunny I shot with it I could....... I know!

Happy hunting M8

• 2 weeks later...

my Bakial is awesome, never failed yet, built like a tank though handles very well, and i'm never bothered about it getting dinged eventhough i try not to. Cost me £80 :lol:. The only problem I have is that why do they bother attempting to decorate them just leave the sides blank and it would probably look more expensive than the jagged effort at a woodcock / pigeon / dodo on the side of mine.

my Bakial is awesome, never failed yet, built like a tank .

I agree, I also have a Bakial 27 got it from new as I wanted a reliable gun with 3" chambers & Multi choke for wildfowl as its gonna get rusted and busted,

cant fault it for the money, if I had the cash I would go for the AYA but i hate to see a good gun abused on the salt marsh