upload your photos off your 4x4s

samboy19

Am I the only one on here who uses a proper truck to go shooting in?

Feast your eyes on this beauty, which I have uploaded for your joy, quite a few times now.

Save your PM's, it is not for sale.

Reliable, economical, no tax, £63 fully comp, cheap parts in the unlikely event you may need some.

Things you rice burner owners know nothing about eh?

Lovely looking motor..I used to have a 1973, 2.1/4 Diesel Ser3 SWB absolutely loved it....BUT....Economical??14mpg, reliable??...never started after the frost set in....slow as a week in the jail, used it to do the Corryairich pass, way up the A9...bleedin Tesco lorries were overtaking us!!!! cheap parts? secondhand crankshaft was £200 in 1987....so converted to Petrol, replacement engine was £100.... :yes:

Imagine you and four mates driving to Lymington for a weeks fishing in it!!! Over 400 miles each way or go to the west coast of Ireland to fish Clew Bay for a week...dont really think so...BUT, as I say, LOVELY motor....wish I still had one...

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely looking motor..I used to have a 1973, 2.1/4 Diesel Ser3 SWB absolutely loved it....BUT....Economical??14mpg, reliable??...never started after the frost set in....slow as a week in the jail, used it to do the Corryairich pass, way up the A9...bleedin Tesco lorries were overtaking us!!!! cheap parts? secondhand crankshaft was £200 in 1987....so converted to Petrol, replacement engine was £100.... :good:

Imagine you and four mates driving to Lymington for a weeks fishing in it!!! Over 400 miles each way or go to the west coast of Ireland to fish Clew Bay for a week...dont really think so...BUT, as I say, LOVELY motor....wish I still had one...

OOOHH, that is naff mpg. especially for a diesel. The Series I have is a 71, and I tend to stick to the roads that were available in it's day. A long motorway trip would certainly be out of the question, though I did make regular trips up the A1 to Doncaster in it about 8 or so years ago, and it never skipped a beat.

Prevention is cheaper than cure, so I do maintain this thing mechanically, ie; running parts, like you would with any vehicle, like a complete ignition system every 12,000 miles, wether it needs it or not, strip check brake cylinders and linings yearly, though in my years of ownership the brakes have been fine and pull up as well as anyone could expect from a vehicle of this year. Touch wood, I have never had a major fault, and it costs peanuts to run.

It is just a posh tractor, used mostly for shooting, the monthly big shop and taking the kids out, all of which it is perfect for. The kids love it and I wont be parting with it any time soon.

Pavman has a new one and is getting over 30mpg, whats the ride etc like I might also be in the market for one.

I had an 09 plate for a bit and referred to it as "Tigger" on long runs. Fine the rest of the time but have to be careful on greasy wet roundabouts in 2WD mode (or at least I did as used to mainly driving FWD these days)

The funny thing is its quite good getting about 350 to 400 out of a tank depending how heavy footed I am and that’s with the big tyres on and its 63 pound to fill it. Its handles good as well its quite low geared though also has lots of room inside it compared to some of the other pickups.

this is mine,never lets me down,goes anywhere,rescued a freelander and a single decker bus during the last heavy snow

absolutely love it,electric everything,all working aswell,nothing special but it does what i need it to do...

DAZ

049-2.jpg

Some nice motors on here. Here's mine on the beach in Wales last week, our first family trip. Slowly turning it into en expedition wagon, just had the roll cage and split charge system installed. Next purchase is a roofrack. Roll on Iceland 2019 & Namibia 2020.

IMG_0371.jpg

Split charge system allows 2 (or more) batteries to be charged independantly from one alternator, topping up charge on the batteries as and when needed. Great to keep high-current stuff seperate from your starting battery - for instance if you want to use a winch non stop for 2 hours without the engine running, you'd want to use something as a seperate source than the battery used to start the vehicle.

Edited by Andy75