Investarm Hushpower 20g

THE GRIFF

1 hour ago, Shotkam said:

Its like the moderator is welded on.

Stripped the gun down -  breech end in blocks in the vice - 2 of us twisting the moderator anticlockwise viewed from the muzzle end - Also tried oil filter strap wrench with someone twisting also - NO MOVEMENT WHATSOEVER !

Jon at S&G is not in until Thursday, until then I am not keen on any other approach to unscrew.

Considered heating the moderator tube at muzzle end, but decided to consult Jon 1st - after all he developed the moderator from scratch.

I am thinking 3/4 and full choke as advertised as it throws 95 + % of 20 guage 25g No.5 shot in 30" circle at 35 yards with the lower spread barrel !

Yes there tight we wondered if they use lock tight as there was something on thread.

Assume you removed the locking screw. 

Took loads of effort first time on mine and it's still a tight fit. 

9 minutes ago, mellors said:

Yes there tight we wondered if they use lock tight as there was something on thread.

Assume you removed the locking screw. 

Took loads of effort first time on mine and it's still a tight fit. 

The effort we put into it would have sheared that baby screw - I wonder how may crack the stock as the force we exerted was immense ! 

Held off on the 24" stillsons for now.

15 minutes ago, Shotkam said:

The effort we put into it would have sheared that baby screw - I wonder how may crack the stock as the force we exerted was immense ! 

Held off on the 24" stillsons for now.

🙄 Got mine to do again soon sounds like a child's rice shaker. I replaced my lock screw with a small bolt as I chewed up the Philips one getting it out. 

Keep us informed as to what they say.