incubator by hannaford ltd??

hi all sorry if this is in the wrong section, managed to lay my hands on some incubators this week and planning to sell the big 200 egg on but dont really know much about 2 of them has anyone on hear had/still has or used an incubator made by hannaford limited i know the name aint much to go on but could really use some help with this can post up some pics if this would help!!!! many thanks jntree,

hi all sorry if this is in the wrong section, managed to lay my hands on some incubators this week and planning to sell the big 200 egg on but dont really know much about 2 of them has anyone on hear had/still has or used an incubator made by hannaford limited i know the name aint much to go on but could really use some help with this can post up some pics if this would help!!!! many thanks jntree,

Hi I have used the same incubators, are they iron clad, with galvanised outsides? and an out side heating arrangment with a damper that runs from a bellow type element?

Is the heating element electric or parrafin? a few pictures would be good.

I could be interested in buying the 200 egg one's but obviouslly dependent on the price?

I will look up the information on the plate on mine and get back to you. Best wishes. 10WM

Hi I have used the same incubators, are they iron clad, with galvanised outsides? and an out side heating arrangment with a damper that runs from a bellow type element?

Is the heating element electric or parrafin? a few pictures would be good.

I could be interested in buying the 200 egg one's but obviouslly dependent on the price?

I will look up the information on the plate on mine and get back to you. Best wishes. 10WM

hi thanks for the response yes its the iron clad galvanised with outside heating (electric) will post pics 2moz will send some diret to you if you pm me your email and to be honest i really have no idea on the price of these!

hi thanks for the response yes its the iron clad galvanised with outside heating (electric) will post pics 2moz will send some diret to you if you pm me your email and to be honest i really have no idea on the price of these!

Hi again thanks for reply,

Info as follows,

C.A. Sydenham Hannerford Ltd.

Hanworth Junction,

Poole,

Dorset,

Is it about 27" square,? I think that's the 200 Egg one?

Is it complete with the egg tray, the base tray, and two side H20 trays. is there much rust around the H20 tray support areas?

Is all the bellow's, and linkages / damper, to top of heating tube all there.?

If you give me your E-Mail I will contact you with my phone No etc. We can then have a chat regarding me buying from you,

I had a Gamekeeper pal who used about 6 of the 200 egg ones, but his were paraffin fuelled, and he got hatches of 80% +. But not as good from the

later electric models, maybe humidity differences. I have done lots of test runs with mine, If all is done correctly, you can get some very good hatch

rates, a minimum of twice per day egg turning, and juggling about with the felts to control the air flow/humidity is max important also.

I have in the past been given end of season eggs, from game farms/ keepers. because there is a final date that is the last date for setting otherwise

the poults will be too young and not ready for going over the guns untill maybe December time.

And obviouslly the laying hens don't just stop laying on a certain date, these are bonus eggs / birds. Although the eggs are free. It on balance with all

the rearing costs is probably not a viable thing to be doing. They also need to be allowed to mature in there own time.

Best wishes and talk soon. 10WM

• 10 years later...