woodcock

flash

Hello,

I have a plucked woodcock sitting in the fridge waiting for tonight. I want to give this recipe a go.

Two questions:

#1. "Remove the gizzard". I know the definition, but what does it look like and where do I find it?

#2. Does the crop stay in? (or is it part of the gizzard?)

Thanks!

I shot my first one on Saturday, well chuffed and not bad for my first season as a gun.

Had it last night with fresh sprouts from the garden and some home grown potatoes, onions and garlic.

Was a little concern about roasting without gutting it but I shouldn't have been as it was delicious and washed down with a nice glass of red. I didn't use the insides and having now read Henry's recipe I feel I might have missed out a little but next time I'll give it a go.

Beautiful birds both on the wing and palette, I only shoot a few each season as a gastro treat the rest I tip my hat to.IfI shot more it wouldn't be as special to me so I savour the ones I do get.Like English Partridge enjoyed on rare occasions. Top recipie HD.

ATB figgy