problem with new cabinet!!!

lowlander

ive brought another gun cabinet of my mate who gave up shooting for when i get my rifle(s) but the only place that is suitable for it has got skirting board running across the wall so it cannot be flush with the wall :unsure: is it ok to pack the cabinet up with a block of wood ( or something similar) and then bolt it to the wall as usual :angry:

lowlander

Why not just bolt it above the skirting board and put some more skirting board round the bottom of the cabinet that's all I have done and my flo was happy with it.

you could even hinge the front piece of skirting making yourself a secret little storage space, room for cartridges :lol: :lol:

There seems to be 2 threads on similar lines going around at the moment.

Remove the skirting is usually favourite.

If not, build a plynth. Fix that firmly and then fix the cabinet to that and the wall!

...or find somewhere else altogether!!

:lol:

i to had that problem and both are rented,so no skirting removal.

i just cut some wood to the size of the bottom of the cabinet,after fixing the cabinet above the skirting.

i then screwed these together,placed them under the cabinet and drilled four holes in the base of the cabinet and screwed through the cabinet base,into the wood.

this has worked in both properties and feo`s were more than happy with this.

i just had a visit this week from the feo,as i have moved and the cabinet was checked and using the blocks underneath the cabinet and he was happy with the wood underneath,as this prevents anyone from using a lever from under the cabinet.

al

my wife stopped me chopping the skirting!! so i ended up putting it in the garage.

As others have said there are often climatic issues in garages and most garages have pretty useless locks as well.

Plod can have issues with cabinets in garages! :):good:

As others have said there are often climatic issues in garages and most garages have pretty useless locks as well.

Plod can have issues with cabinets in garages! :):good:

garage in intergral to house and is fully insulated so no damp. i also have a roller shutter door as well as an alarm so no issues with security.

FLO had no problems with it going in there.