cross eye Dominance

pavman

Gents

As a sufferer of cross eye dominance I have tested quite a few tricks to combat the effect it has had on my shooting. I have over the last few weeks been using a sight bead that has given me fantastic results, and forces the non-dominant (in my case right eye) to look down the rib. I hope this may help others I found the ad in Sporting Gun.

http://www.easyhit.co.uk

pavman

After the discussion we had about this last week I had a look at the site and found that Sporting Targets are one of the retailers so I went down on Sunday.

I have been having real trouble shooting straight recently. I can never remember to close my left eye at the last minute and as a result I miss the target more often than not. I had a lesson at sporting targets a few months ago where the coach identified the problem I have of central vision and suggested the eye close thing or changing my left hand position on the gun. Neither have really worked, like I say, so I was interested to see what this bead was like.

I spoke to the guy in sporting targets again as he is reluctant to sell these to you unless you will benefit from it. Anyway got it home and fitted it in about 2 minutes. I haven't been out with the gun since but just mounting it in the garden and closing my left eye afterwards I now find that the sight picture stays the same. If you don't have an eye domininance issue it probably sounds daft but it really does change what you are looking at if you close your left eye which means you weren't aiming correctly with both eyes open.

Anyway I will let you know if I actually hit any more at the weekend but thanks very much for the link Pavman. :devil:

That cd thing works not sure which eye dominonce :devil: woteva which eye cos they keep changing well gonna leave the page on and notified the better half what santa might bring pavman what size bead did you get thinking for clays?

A99

I got the 3mm 131 biggest is bestest in my book, it took me 3 trips to get used to it and I mounted it right at the end of the rib, after trying it a bit back from my fore sight to start with held on with lecky tape prior to final fixing

The trick is to look through and past the bead at the target with appropriate lead, which I am now better able to judge, to start with on clays (first time) there was not much change as I was trying to use it like a rifle sight and was concentrating on the bead and not the target, then I got used to looking past the bead and my right eye is pulled to look down the rib, as before I was looking down the left side of the rib with the dominate left eye and gun in the right shoulder. The beauty is you get to keep both eyes open and keep all your peripheral vision

Good luck, anyone tries it please let us know how you get on

pavman

• 1 month later...

IV BEEN SHOOTING WITH A SPEED BEAD FOR QUITE A WHILE,AFTER AN EYE OPERATION ON MY RIGHT EYE I FOUND MY LEFT EYE WAS BECOMING MORE DOMINATE BUT NOW WITH THE BEAD FITTED WHEN I MOUNT THE GUN[i SHOOT RIGHT HANDED]AND LOOK DOWN THE BARREL ITS ONLY MY RIGHT EYE THAT CAN SEE THE BRIGHT RED BEAD AND NOT THE LEFT,I AGREE THAT WHEN IT IS FIRST FITTED YOU DO TEND TO LOOK AT THE BEAD AND NOT THE TARGET BUT WITH USE AND PRACTICE THIS SOON PASSES,IVE FOUND TO THAT THE BEAD HELP IF SHOOTING IN LOW LIGHT CONDITIONS. HAPPY HUNTING!!!

After the discussion we had about this last week I had a look at the site and found that Sporting Targets are one of the retailers so I went down on Sunday.

I have been having real trouble shooting straight recently. I can never remember to close my left eye at the last minute and as a result I miss the target more often than not. I had a lesson at sporting targets a few months ago where the coach identified the problem I have of central vision and suggested the eye close thing or changing my left hand position on the gun. Neither have really worked, like I say, so I was interested to see what this bead was like.

I spoke to the guy in sporting targets again as he is reluctant to sell these to you unless you will benefit from it. Anyway got it home and fitted it in about 2 minutes. I haven't been out with the gun since but just mounting it in the garden and closing my left eye afterwards I now find that the sight picture stays the same. If you don't have an eye domininance issue it probably sounds daft but it really does change what you are looking at if you close your left eye which means you weren't aiming correctly with both eyes open.

Anyway I will let you know if I actually hit any more at the weekend but thanks very much for the link Pavman. :rolleyes:

tenbears 10

how did you get on with the bead, i am still waiting to hear your views

shawn