advice please guys

pluckers son

going knocking for permition after christmas for me and my mate,we want land to shoot rabbits and fox with rifles 1 hours drive from south yorkshire.

we already tired near york and doncaster with no luck :lol: any idears where i can go knocking with a good population of rabbits may travel hour and harf but thats the most i think..

i got some busniss cards off ebay that may help,ill pop through the farmers letter box if hes not in :lol: and hope for the best

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL PIGEON WATCH MEMBERS :lol:

hope a new year brings new land.

:lol: sometimes you'll come up against farmers that shoot grouse/pheasant themselves or in a syndicate, who fear you want their birds... or their fox if they support a hunt :lol:

You might find them more receptive if you offer to only do this in the closed season

I have two prospective "call me backs" when the season closes.

Also find their opinion on fox - some like them about - usually hunt supporters, some dont.

Also ask what they want you to do with any kills. few actually want them and some wont like the idea of you leaving a carcass down as fox/magpie/crow bait.

If you first feel they're builing up to a knockback, chat about more general topics for a while, it sometimes works wonders

Try to go "smartly dressed" if you can, I know this means different things to different people.

What I mean is, don't turn up in full cammo gear (even if you have pressed the trousers :lol: ).

The Farmer will make an immediate assessment of you, based on what you look like, before you even have chance to open your mouth.

Best of luck. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...