Pigeon Watch Wrecking Trip, Newhaven

Evil Elvis

weather forecast rough for down south,cant blame skipper for cancelling,at the end of the day saftey is most important,he wants to earn money so wouldnt cancel for nothing. im on a trip from plymouth on tuesday hope that not blown off but not looking promising. wrecking a long way out,to risky with big swells and high winds.allways next time men. :oops::good:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a thought for next time EE.

could'nt you arrange some pigeon shooting to fall back on so that those who have to travel have something to fall back on?

take my hat off to you for trying to arrange something you have no control over :good: .and if i have some free time i'd love to get on a trip

all the best

russ

One of the guys that owns the boat we fish from in Kenya phoned last night to say he's ready to take us out bassing from Portsmouth - this is not one I'll be offering around PW as I already know there'd be lots of biatching about the terms of the trip.

Edited by Raja Clavata

:yes: I will send out the deposit moneys but as for the £12 for the lures....if you want them you can have 5 lures each. If Martin, pavman and zapp send me thier addresses Ill stick cheques and lures in the post.I have Bobs address, and ill drop of mikes, duncs, and Andys when i see them

My last word on the subject will be: John the skipper has now lost out on £900 from 2 cancellations..............do you really think if he could have got out there that he would have?

I wont be organising any more trips to PW newhaven!!!, I was asked by Martin to sort out a wrecking trip, i wasted a lot of time, effort,diesel,phone calls and money organising it..............................and all Ive had is bitching and moaning like its my fault well it aint :good:

This is the actual met office weather for NOW:

Wight

Gale warnings - Issued:

Shipping Forecast - Issued: 1130 UTC Fri 13 Aug

Wind

North or northwest 3 or 4, increasing 5 at times.

Sea State

Slight, occasionally moderate.

Weather

Occasional rain or showers.

Visibility

Good, occasionally moderate.

Force 5 is 21 miles per hour, im pretty sure that wouldnt stop Chris Mole going out from Mersea.....but then he doesnt go 2 hours into the channel...But even I have to agree force 5 wouldnt have been comfortable but I still would have fished, ive been out oin 6-7 from Dunganess on numerous occasions.

The whole thing has left me ****** right off ???

Baz

its always a thankless task mate, you did your best and if the boat did not go its hardly your fault.......... we have boats out of Lowestoft get knocked back in just the same way, the only problem is when we all travel and you cant drop back to shooting or shore fishing when it happens. Keep yer chins up me old mucker, and thanks form me for doing yer bestest ???