Pigeon Watch Wrecking Trip, Newhaven

Evil Elvis

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am picking up a dozen 10oz leads on the wednesday from Hastings. If I remember rightly they are £1.05 each.

If anyone wants any then shout.

I have ordered a dozen for myself and Bob but I am sure I can order some more.

I am picking up a dozen 10oz leads on the wednesday from Hastings. If I remember rightly they are £1.05 each.

If anyone wants any then shout.

I have ordered a dozen for myself and Bob but I am sure I can order some more.

Yes please Martin, however many I am likely to need. I am hiring tackle for the day, so will have a rod and reel, plus the lures that EE has sorted for us, but apart from that I dont know what I need.

The last time i went wrecking we were using lengths of chromed bar filled with lead and fitted with huge trebles :good:

Let me get this clear, the only kit I have is a load of those anti sea sickness wrist bands I bought off ebay.

I will be bringing a large packed lunch, some beer, sun cream, some plastic bags to throw up into and some money for hire of kit and whatever else I am supposed to be throwing over the side of the boat.

OK,

I have e mailled Hastings Angling centre to see if he has 48 in stock or if he can get them. According to his website they are £1.05 each. I am going to try and negotiate a discount with him as we will be buying just over £50's worth.

Mungler,

The sea sick bands don't work, get yourself to Boots and get some Joy Rides tablets. They are THE business, take it from someone who suffers BADLY from seasickness.

:good: Mung, half the battle is in your head, if you believe you are going to be you will!!!!

AND...you will not be vomitting in bags......Have you never heard of GROUNDBAIT?:hmm:

i HAVE SOME OF THE "GOOD STUFF" IF YOU DO GET SICK....AND ITS WORTH CONSIDERING THE "OTHER" TECHNIQUE I MENTIONED TO YOU.

Another vote for joy rides - never taken them myself but know several others that swear by them :good:

Just make sure you take the tablets at the right time (not as you step on the boat) and have a decent breakfast, you'll be fine.

edit: Baz - any idea at what wind speed the trip is likely to get blown off? windguru is predicting some pretty iffy numbers at the moment...

Edited by Raja Clavata

OK,

I have had a reply back from HAstings Angling and they have the 48 10 oz leads in stock and they are ordered in my name. I will collect them on wednesday afternoon.

They are £1.05 pence each or £6.30 of each of you.

I will do my best to haggle the price though